    wireless adapter in the laptops which work fine too.

    Thanks for any inputs

    Ramesh

    Ramesh, Oct 5, 2007

  2. Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 5, 2007

  3. Sound like name resolution or computer browser issue. Compare both wired and
    wireless TCP/IP configuration or post them here.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L \(MS-MVP\), Oct 5, 2007
  4. Ramesh

    Chuck [MVP] Guest

    On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 18:16:58 +0530, "Ramesh" <ramesh2020@gmaildotcom> wrote:

    >HI,
    >
    >I have a network with laptops working on wireless and desktops working on
    >ethernet cables. When I tried installing a Wireless card in a desktop, I am
    >able to ping all systems but I dont see the workgroup or any systems in it.
    >The same desktop works fine with the Ethernet NIC card. What could be the
    >problem? The config of the wireless card seems similar to the config of the
    >wireless adapter in the laptops which work fine too.
    >
    >Thanks for any inputs
    >
    >Ramesh

    Most likely a NetBT setting, or a personal firewall.
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/07/advanced-windows-networking-using.html

    We could maybe diagnose the problem, using logs from "browstat status",
    "ipconfig /all", "net config server", and "net config workstation", from each
    computer. Read this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions
    precisely (download browstat!):
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighborhood.html#AskingForHelp

    --
    Cheers,