    --
    Regards,

    Pieter
    =?Utf-8?B?UGlldGVyIFBlc3NlbWllcg==?=, Apr 12, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGlldGVyIFBlc3NlbWllcg==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Pieter Pessemier" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'm having trouble figuring out what I need to learn to become MCSE
    > certified.
    > I looked at the Microsoft site:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/?wp_ml=0
    >
    > They're talking about core, elective and upgrade exams.
    >
    > I have no previous certifications, so what parts do I need to study te
    > become an MCSE? Only the Core exams?
    >
    > Core exams containing:
    > Networking system: 70-290,70-291,70-293,70-294
    > Client OS: 70-270 or 70-210
    > Design: 70-298 or 70-297
    >
    > If I'm right, what are the 'elective' exams all about...

    For the love of $deity, please tell me that you are a troll.
    Frisbee®, Apr 12, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UGlldGVyIFBlc3NlbWllcg==?=

    JaR Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in news:#ToR1lkXGHA.4120
    @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

    > For the love of $deity, please tell me that you are a troll.

    Ahhh, Frisbee, ever the optomist ;-)

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22
    JaR, Apr 12, 2006
  4. << While I was at work, Pieter Pessemier spurted out:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'm having trouble figuring out what I need to learn to become MCSE
    > certified. I looked at the Microsoft site:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
    >
    > They're talking about core, elective and upgrade exams.
    >
    > I have no previous certifications, so what parts do I need to study te
    > become an MCSE? Only the Core exams?
    >
    > Core exams containing:
    > Networking system: 70-290,70-291,70-293,70-294
    > Client OS: 70-270 or 70-210
    > Design: 70-298 or 70-297
    >
    > If I'm right, what are the 'elective' exams all about...

    You obviously have reading comprehension issues. On the page you linked to, it
    *clearly* states what is required. Go back and read it *carefully*. If you want
    to become an MCSE, you have to be able to understand and troubleshoot
    issues....even your own.

    --
    Bigus Si©kus
    MCNGP #51
    Bigus Si©kus, Apr 12, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?UGlldGVyIFBlc3NlbWllcg==?=

    CBIC Guest

    If you want to become an MCSE, you have to be able to
    > understand and troubleshoot issues....even your own.

    Really? Nah, you're joshing.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38
    CBIC, Apr 12, 2006
  6. << While I was at work, CBIC spurted out:
    > If you want to become an MCSE, you have to be able to
    >> understand and troubleshoot issues....even your own.

    > Really? Nah, you're joshing.

    Maybe

    Bigus Si©kus, Apr 12, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?UGlldGVyIFBlc3NlbWllcg==?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I'm having trouble figuring out what I need to learn to become MCSE certified.

    truly unbelievable....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Apr 12, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?UGlldGVyIFBlc3NlbWllcg==?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >For the love of $deity, please tell me that you are a troll.

    let us pray....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Apr 12, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?UGlldGVyIFBlc3NlbWllcg==?=

    kpg Guest

    As Pieter Pessemier once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    > I'm having trouble figuring out what I need to learn to become MCSE
    > certified. I looked at the Microsoft site:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
    >
    > They're talking about core, elective and upgrade exams.
    >
    > I have no previous certifications, so what parts do I need to study te
    > become an MCSE? Only the Core exams?
    >
    > Core exams containing:
    > Networking system: 70-290,70-291,70-293,70-294
    > Client OS: 70-270 or 70-210
    > Design: 70-298 or 70-297
    >
    > If I'm right, what are the 'elective' exams all about...

    The answer is...

    GREEN.

    No...BLUE, GREEN, No..,wait, yes...SEVEN,

    Yeah, that's it, SEVEN.

    kp "see, it's not that hard" g
    kpg, Apr 12, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?UGlldGVyIFBlc3NlbWllcg==?=

    shade73 Guest

    Core exams (six exams required)
    Elective exams (one exam required)
    Upgrade exams (two exams required)

    This information was obtained from the site you posted, just an FYI.
    There you go :)
    Btw, all you jerks had time to post smart ass comments, so why didn't
    anyone tack that on to the end? Oh yeah, b/c you're not only arrogant
    you're lazy :p.
    shade73
    shade73, Apr 14, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?UGlldGVyIFBlc3NlbWllcg==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "shade73" <> wrote in message
    > Core exams (six exams required)
    > Elective exams (one exam required)
    > Upgrade exams (two exams required)
    >
    > This information was obtained from the site you posted, just an FYI.
    > There you go :)
    > Btw, all you jerks had time to post smart ass comments, so why didn't
    > anyone tack that on to the end? Oh yeah, b/c you're not only arrogant
    > you're lazy :p.
    > shade73

    You know, I just bought this brand spanking new Irony Meter® v. 8.13.954 and
    it STILL got busted. Springs and glass everywhere. This is kind of like of
    like how Syndro (or however he spells it) had to keep building better and
    better robots to beat all the superheroes in The Incredibles. shade73 was
    more powerful than the latest irony meter, so they must now go back to the
    drawing board to build a better one to defeat the great and powerful
    shade73!

    At least he got "you're" right.
    Frisbee®, Apr 14, 2006
  12. **Frisbee®'s** the one who fcukin said it
    <<-------------------------------->>
    > "shade73" <> wrote in message
    >> Core exams (six exams required)
    >> Elective exams (one exam required)
    >> Upgrade exams (two exams required)
    >>
    >> This information was obtained from the site you posted, just an FYI.
    >> There you go :)
    >> Btw, all you jerks had time to post smart ass comments, so why didn't
    >> anyone tack that on to the end? Oh yeah, b/c you're not only
    >> arrogant you're lazy :p.
    >> shade73

    > You know, I just bought this brand spanking new Irony Meter® v.
    > 8.13.954 and it STILL got busted. Springs and glass everywhere. This is
    > kind of like of like how Syndro (or however he spells it) had
    > to keep building better and better robots to beat all the superheroes
    > in The Incredibles. shade73 was more powerful than the latest irony
    > meter, so they must now go back to the drawing board to build a
    > better one to defeat the great and powerful shade73!

    Ya know...IM v 8.13.954 was designed to be idiot-proof, but you *knew* they
    were gonna build a better idiot at some point. Well, there it is, shade73 is
    your new, baseline, idiot-proof, tool tester, thingy.

    > At least he got "you're" right.

    Eh...personally, I think he got lucky.

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP Sb (Antimony)
    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 14, 2006
  13. **shade73's** the one who fcukin said it
    <<-------------------------------->>
    > Core exams (six exams required)
    > Elective exams (one exam required)
    > Upgrade exams (two exams required)
    >
    > This information was obtained from the site you posted, just an FYI.
    > There you go :)
    > Btw, all you jerks had time to post smart ass comments, so why didn't
    > anyone tack that on to the end? Oh yeah, b/c you're not only arrogant
    > you're lazy :p.
    > shade73

    Because the Dolt was supposed to figure it out himself. And from the looks
    of it, *you* couldn't figure that out.

    If you can't figure something out for yourself, then you shouldn't be in
    IS/IT. Which goes to say that *you* shouldn't be in IS/IT, because I just
    had to point that out to you.

    Had my previous post not been deleted, you wouldn't have been posting this
    message, because I had explained all that.

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP Sb (Antimony)
    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 14, 2006
  14. Hi Pieter,
    I think explaining why we put the program together in this may help. For our
    certification, there are fundamental things you need to know how to do with
    the core operating system. But, on the job, you will have to make it do
    something, like run an email solution or run a name resolution or IP
    addressing solution.

    The certification is broken into the core knowledge about the operating
    system, that is the fundamental stuff you need to know about the system, and
    then some electives, that allow you to "specialize" your knowledge towars a
    certain job role. That may be web services, security, messaging, etc. That
    way, when you go to get a job you can say what version of the operating
    system you are certified in and what additional skills areas you are
    certified in.

    For the upgrade exams, we put those together so that people that are
    certified on previous versions of our products can just show they have the
    skills around the new aspects of the new products. For instance, the changes
    with DNS between Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003 are pretty
    significant, so in the upgrade exams we test on the differences rather than
    the comprehensive knowledge on an area.

    For the new person that wants to get certified, an approach many people use
    is to gain knowledge on the core aspects of either the desktop or server,
    and then add to those skills. Most of the training and exams we produced for
    Windows Server 2003 is structured that way.
    Hope this helps. Good luck!

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Program Manager for the Microsoft Certified Architect program

    rights.

    "Pieter Pessemier" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Andy Ruth [MSFT], Apr 14, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?UGlldGVyIFBlc3NlbWllcg==?=

    shade73 Guest

    Very nice, I love the IT community. Sounds like a bunch of cynical 40
    year olds who need their ego's stroked to me. So the guy needs help,
    it takes you 30 seconds to help him. You know what, This is the
    problem with the damn IT community as a whole. Everyone thinks they're
    the damn genious, and everyone else is an idiot.

    Oh btw, I don't think any of you should be in IT with the attitudes you
    have. What ever happened to the people who loved information because
    it was INFORMATION and loved SHARING IT. Oh that's right they all
    "grew up", realized their jobs were in jeopardy by people like the
    original poster.
    shade73, Apr 14, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?UGlldGVyIFBlc3NlbWllcg==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "shade73" <> wrote in message
    > Very nice, I love the IT community. Sounds like a bunch of cynical 40
    > year olds who need their ego's stroked to me. So the guy needs help,
    > it takes you 30 seconds to help him. You know what, This is the
    > problem with the damn IT community as a whole. Everyone thinks they're
    > the damn genious, and everyone else is an idiot.
    >
    > Oh btw, I don't think any of you should be in IT with the attitudes you
    > have. What ever happened to the people who loved information because
    > it was INFORMATION and loved SHARING IT. Oh that's right they all
    > "grew up", realized their jobs were in jeopardy by people like the
    > original poster.

    That's a funny way of saying "I don't want to do any research on getting my
    certification in a field that requires researching skills. You all do it
    for me, okay?"
    Frisbee®, Apr 14, 2006
  17. << While I was at work, shade73 spurted out:
    > Very nice, I love the IT community. Sounds like a bunch of cynical 40
    > year olds who need their ego's stroked to me. So the guy needs help,
    > it takes you 30 seconds to help him. You know what, This is the
    > problem with the damn IT community as a whole. Everyone thinks
    > they're the damn genious, and everyone else is an idiot.

    Actually, we're tired of losing our jobs because the boss has decided to
    outsource to a company that employs morons and charges 1/10th the money that it
    takes to keep us on Full-Time. We are here to make sure the idiots don't get
    through the system anymore, (Not that we can *really* do that), but we can deter
    them.

    Also...if you would spend a little time reading some of the 1000's of previous
    posts in here, you would see that nearly *every* question has been answered at
    least once...most have been answered dozens of times.

    No, we are not the ones that think we are the damb geniuses (ok...yes we
    do...but that's not the point), we're tired of all the people walking in here
    thinking that THEY are SOOOO damb smart that THEIR question has never been asked
    before. If even 1/2 of the people that post questions in here took just 5
    minutes to search these posts and then another 55 minutes reading some of them
    (this place would be no fun) then you wouldn't have to stick your penny in the
    pot.

    > Oh btw, I don't think any of you should be in IT with the attitudes
    > you have. What ever happened to the people who loved information
    > because it was INFORMATION and loved SHARING IT. Oh that's right
    > they all "grew up", realized their jobs were in jeopardy by people
    > like the original poster.

    You'll grow up eventually.

    Bigus Si©kus, Apr 14, 2006
  18. << While I was at work, Andy Ruth [MSFT] spurted out:

    Bigus Si©kus, Apr 14, 2006
  19. =?Utf-8?B?UGlldGVyIFBlc3NlbWllcg==?=

    shade73 Guest

    No I agree with that completely, but then hey, he's not gonna make it
    through it & The book companys will make some money, so no harm no foul
    :p
    shade73, Apr 14, 2006
  20. << While I was at work, Andy Ruth [MSFT] spurted out:
    > Hi Pieter,
    > I think explaining why we put the program together in this may help.
    > For our certification, there are fundamental things you need to know
    > how to do with the core operating system. But, on the job, you will
    > have to make it do something, like run an email solution or run a
    > name resolution or IP addressing solution.
    >
    > The certification is broken into the core knowledge about the
    > operating system, that is the fundamental stuff you need to know
    > about the system, and then some electives, that allow you to
    > "specialize" your knowledge towars a certain job role. That may be
    > web services, security, messaging, etc. That way, when you go to get
    > a job you can say what version of the operating system you are
    > certified in and what additional skills areas you are certified in.
    >
    > For the upgrade exams, we put those together so that people that are
    > certified on previous versions of our products can just show they
    > have the skills around the new aspects of the new products. For
    > instance, the changes with DNS between Windows 2000 and Windows
    > Server 2003 are pretty significant, so in the upgrade exams we test
    > on the differences rather than the comprehensive knowledge on an area.
    >
    > For the new person that wants to get certified, an approach many
    > people use is to gain knowledge on the core aspects of either the
    > desktop or server, and then add to those skills. Most of the training
    > and exams we produced for Windows Server 2003 is structured that way.
    > Hope this helps. Good luck!

    I think my Irony Meter is broken.....It's reading 0....
    Bigus Si©kus, Apr 14, 2006