    Has anyone encountered this problem before? Hope someone out there can help.

    Thanks,
    HMVacana

    =?Utf-8?B?SE1WYWNhbmE=?=, Aug 17, 2005

  2. "HMVacana" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to setup a home wireless network and have been trying using the
    > windows wireless setup wizard without success. The following error window
    > pops up after clicking "next" after keying in the SSID name for the network:
    >
    > "The networkname (SSID) contains one or more characters that are not valid.
    > Please type a different network name."
    >
    > Has anyone encountered this problem before? Hope someone out there can help.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > HMVacana

    What is the SSID you've typed?
    --PA

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Aug 17, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SE1WYWNhbmE=?=

    David {MVP} Guest

    Basically your name contains something other than A to Z and 0 to 9, remove
    this character and it will complete.

    David {MVP}
    Microsoft Mobile Devices

    David {MVP}, Aug 17, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SE1WYWNhbmE=?=

    N. Miller Guest

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:11:04 -0700, HMVacana wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to setup a home wireless network and have been trying using the
    > windows wireless setup wizard without success. The following error window
    > pops up after clicking "next" after keying in the SSID name for the network:
    >
    > "The networkname (SSID) contains one or more characters that are not valid.
    > Please type a different network name."
    >
    > Has anyone encountered this problem before? Hope someone out there can help.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > HMVacana

    Can't say that I have. But I have only used the standard ASCII alphanumeric
    character set to create an SSID name. No fancy stuff like umlauts, tildes,
    circumflexes, or macrons.

    --
    Norman
    ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

    N. Miller, Aug 17, 2005
  5. I'm in the same situation. My work laptop, used wirelessly, is SSID
    "Wireless@Home" but it will not accept '@'. Does not connect if I skip the
    '@'.
    --
    -Justin