    malware scans all come back as ok.
    Reading a few posts out there, people are saying it's a common problem.

    cheers

    Clayton, Aug 12, 2008

  2. Clayton

    Katy Pluta Guest

    On 8/12/08 7:31 AM, in article O3gF8#H$,
    "Clayton" <> wrote:

    > Over the last 6 months or so I have had to format and reinstall Vista 64
    > wSP-1 a few times due to programs not responding and I am unable to track
    > down the problem.
    > I'm trying to run programs, they do open then pauses for 10 - 15 seconds
    > when trying to close I get not responding then end process message and
    > trying to end process nothing happens. I can not do anything even
    > ctrl/alt/delete.
    > If I wait awhile things come back to normal until it happens again.
    > I have removed the AV software and is still the same, run chkdsk, virus &
    > malware scans all come back as ok.
    > Reading a few posts out there, people are saying it's a common problem.
    >
    > cheers

    Which programs are these? Re they always the same?

    --
    All the Best
    Katy Pluta, G4W MVP

    Katy Pluta, Aug 12, 2008

  3. Clayton

    Clayton Guest

    Just random programs, nothing specific

    Clayton, Aug 12, 2008
  4. Clayton

    Carlos Guest

    Clayton,
    Does it happen immediately after a fresh install or does it take a couple of
    days to show up?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 12, 2008
  5. Clayton

    Clayton Guest

    takes a couple of weeks or so.

    Clayton, Aug 12, 2008
  6. Clayton

    Clayton Guest

    Also what else started happening Carlos was on start-up it wouldn't fully
    load my desktop, I did a repair install and was ok after that, until I
    restarted again, it did the same so I had to do a last known good
    configuration everytime I restarted.
    Just when you finally get your system running well, this happens.
    Sounds like ghost in the machine.

    Clayton, Aug 12, 2008
  7. Clayton

    Carlos Guest

    Clayton,
    Then there is "something" that gest installed in those couple of weeks that
    needs being investigated.
    You could also get some leads by checking the event viewer log.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 12, 2008
  8. Clayton

    Clayton Guest

    ok thanks, if it is software related I'll track it down when it happens
    again. hopefully removing the software will fix the problem, fingers
    crossed. I did check the event viewer before I reinstalled but nothing stood
    out as being a problem

    Clayton, Aug 12, 2008
  9. Clayton

    PH Guest

    sounds like a bad copy of vista. sorry.

    PH, Aug 14, 2008
  10. Clayton

    Clayton Guest

    I don't think so, used CDCheck to scan the DVD and all tested ok

    Clayton, Aug 18, 2008