    John Bahran Guest

    My computer does not recognize the CD drive and only boots to a:. I
    can go to the c: drive. The CD drive lights up.Please help.

    John Bahran, Jan 23, 2004

  2. John Bahran

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jan 23, 2004

  3. John Bahran

    Muff Guest

    I had that same problem last week. Put a new program cd in the drive and
    window kept giving me the blue box with "insert disk in drive".

    I went on the msn NG and one of the folks there told me that Norton AV
    programs will sometimes cause this. I had an old Norton AV trial program
    that had expired. I went into control panel remove and uninstalled the
    Norton thing and the cd drive now works perfect.
    Hope this helps.
    Muff

    Muff, Jan 24, 2004