    find my second drive. I went to computer management and it showed the drive
    but the option was not available to assign a drive letter.

    How can I solve this problem?
    =?Utf-8?B?UHJvYmxlbSB3aXRoIGZvcm1hdHRpbmcgbWVyZ2Vk, Feb 9, 2007

  2. This usually happens when your hard drive is not formatted or not
    partitioned.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    "Problem with formatting merged fields"
    <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 9, 2007

  3. I don't think that is the problem. When I tried to install XP, the drive did
    not show up.

    =?Utf-8?B?UHJvYmxlbSB3aXRoIGZvcm1hdHRpbmcgbWVyZ2Vk, Feb 9, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UHJvYmxlbSB3aXRoIGZvcm1hdHRpbmcgbWVyZ2Vk

    NuTCrAcKeR Guest

    start looking in the bios to see if the hardware knows the drive is there.

    Are there any yellow bangs (!) in the device manager? You may need to
    update/install drivers for some device before you can use it.

    - NuTs

    NuTCrAcKeR, Feb 9, 2007
  5. If you can't see it during install, you need to use F6 and load your
    drivers. Many current SATA controllers are treated as "RAID" controllers,
    even if not being used for RAID arrays, and require separately installed
    drivers.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 9, 2007