    I am only receiving a handful of pieces of mail from this newsgroup on a
    daily basis and used to receive a lot.
    Would appreciate an explanation.

    Bill, Sep 1, 2007

  2. Bill

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 12:51:32 -0400, "Bill" <> wrote:

    >I am only receiving a handful of pieces of mail from this newsgroup on a
    >daily basis and used to receive a lot.

    This isn't 'mail'. This is Usenet.

    >Would appreciate an explanation.

    People are posting less?

    Seriously, WTF are you talking about?

    Evan Platt, Sep 1, 2007

  3. Bill

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote in message
    >I am only receiving a handful of pieces of mail from this newsgroup on a
    >daily basis and used to receive a lot.
    > Would appreciate an explanation.

    Yes, I know. I am using EarthLink's dial-up and I can no longer see all
    posts using Windows Mail or Thunderbird. I have cussed-out EL's tech
    support about the issue, but they are too stupid to accept that there is
    something wrong on their end. In the meantime with the same NG readers, I
    can see all posts in msnews.Microsoft.com.

    Mr. Arnold, Sep 1, 2007
  4. Bill wrote:
    > I am only receiving a handful of pieces of mail from this newsgroup on a

    You shouldn't be receiving *any* mail from this newsgroup.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 1, 2007
  5. Mr. Arnold wrote:

    > "Bill" <> wrote in message
    >>I am only receiving a handful of pieces of mail from this newsgroup on a
    >>daily basis and used to receive a lot.
    >> Would appreciate an explanation.

    > Yes, I know. I am using EarthLink's dial-up and I can no longer see all
    > posts using Windows Mail or Thunderbird. I have cussed-out EL's tech
    > support about the issue, but they are too stupid to accept that there is
    > something wrong on their end. In the meantime with the same NG readers, I
    > can see all posts in msnews.Microsoft.com.

    EL just switched over to outsourced news, and there have been changes
    with their news server names. Some apparently reflect the new feed and
    some don't. Too many names involved for me to remember which ones are
    which, but anyone with a need to know should be able to find out.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 1, 2007