    Could this be the case that they really dont provide a driver for a keyboard
    of theirs? Or is it just a lazy response and I should persue the matter
    further with them. Thanks for advice.

    john hamilton, Mar 2, 2010

  2. john hamilton

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 12:04:41 -0000, john hamilton wrote:

    >My son bought a Medion desktop computer very recently but does not want to
    >use the keyboard that came packaged with it since he has a logitech cordless
    >keyboard that he prefers to use.
    >
    >I would like to use this keyboard myself and use it plugged into a 'Acer
    >Aspire One' mini-note book computer.
    >
    >The medion keyboard has a round pin plug on it so I have plugged that into a

    Hopefully it's not this type AT 5 PIN DIN,
    http://www.lindy.co.uk/lindyshop/pictures/70029big.jpg
    but you mean this PS/2 like the connector on the left
    http://www.lindy.co.uk/lindyshop/pictures/30365big.jpg

    >USB adaptor so I can plug it into the USB port of the Acer.

    So it's a PS/2 & USB compatiable keyboard? A mechanical adapter won't do
    that for you.

    >Nothing happens when i plug it in. I went to the Medion web site and typed
    >in the keyboard details and serial number on their 'locate drivers' web

    <snip>

    Oddly enough, you didn't mention the keyboard details in your post. Nor
    the PC info, ditto for adapter.

    Keyboard drivers built into basic OS for many years.

    Me

    why?, Mar 2, 2010