    problem?
    Thanks Fred
    Operating system WinXP Home

    Fred J, Mar 6, 2006

  2. "Fred J" <> wrote in message
    news:WiWOf.10852$...
    > When I get an E-mail in Outlook Express and there is a address of a site
    > in blue if I double click on it will not open the browser, I have to open
    > the
    > browser and type in the address and then will open the site. Why is this?
    > before I used to double click and the site opened. How can I fix this
    > problem?
    > Thanks Fred
    > Operating system WinXP Home

    Take a look here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679&amp;sd=RMVP

    Boscoe Pertwee, Mar 6, 2006

  3. Fred J

    Robert Baer Guest

    Fred J wrote:
    > When I get an E-mail in Outlook Express and there is a address of a site
    > in blue if I double click on it will not open the browser, I have to open
    > the
    > browser and type in the address and then will open the site. Why is this?
    > before I used to double click and the site opened. How can I fix this
    > problem?
    > Thanks Fred
    > Operating system WinXP Home

    Damn good thing it is acting that way!
    You should *NEVER* click on a link that is in an e-mail; what is
    behind what you see may be something !VREY! different and take you to a
    site that might look like what you thought, but is a fake with a lot of
    nasty programs readyto glom onto your system and steal your personal
    information.
    In fact, keep this rule even if you trust the site and the sender;
    e-mails can be faked (and are faked).
    This is one way to be a little safer...

    Robert Baer, Mar 7, 2006