    I'm thinking more along the lines of something that would pass your request
    along to the studios.
    That would be interesting.
    JAQK, Dec 28, 2005

  2. JAQK

    Bratboy Guest

    "JAQK" <> wrote in message
    news:0kzsf.29450$mz2.27643@trnddc08...
    > Is there a web site where you can 'submit' your interest in seeing a movie
    > released on DVD ?
    >
    > There are still countless movies yet to see the light of day on DVD, such
    > as
    >
    > Split Image
    > Futureworld
    > Kafka
    >
    > I'm thinking more along the lines of something that would pass your
    > request along to the studios.
    > That would be interesting.

    Well a few titles Id like to see out were actually released in other Regions
    like "High Anxioty" by Mel Brooks. Been told it was included in some region
    2 3 disc sets but never seen the light of day in USA. Another title I'd like
    to see out is Vibes. Think that one was put out on Laserdisc but not
    certain. If it was tho then they shoulkd have a decent master to put it out.
    Very annoying to have to drag out my old DTVTivo box as thats the only copy
    I have hehe
    Bratboy, Dec 28, 2005

  3. JAQK

    Sean O'Hara Guest

    In the Year of the Cock, the Great and Powerful JAQK declared:
    > Is there a web site where you can 'submit' your interest in
    > seeing a movie released on DVD ?

    Find out what company has the rights to the film and send them a
    letter. (Finding out who owns the film is a bit of a trick since,
    frex, Warners owns all MGM films made before 1987, and MGM owns all
    United Artist titles, etc.)

    You might also send an email to Criterion.

    --
    Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    Steve: Oh yeah, the Prime Minister, eh? He sure has screwed up
    Sean O'Hara, Dec 28, 2005
  4. JAQK

    MLK Guest

    "JAQK" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a web site where you can 'submit' your interest in seeing a movie
    > released on DVD ?

    Yes, http://www.turnerclassicmovies.com - search for a movie and then select
    the Vote feature...

    > There are still countless movies yet to see the light of day on DVD, such
    > as
    >
    > Split Image

    > Futureworld

    There is a 4:3 full screen (Region 2) version available from amazon.co.uk

    MLK, Apr 5, 2006