    to work well up to a point but the last month of so I have not been
    impressed with it. I also had a terrible time with installing the updates.

    Thanks
    Bigfred, May 30, 2004

  2. Bigfred

    Bigfred Guest

    Done that anon on two occasions but the problem still persists.

    "anon" <> wrote in message
    > works fine for me, often with Norton problems, the recommendation is to
    > completely remove, see Symantec site, before doing a *clean install*
    >
    > "Bigfred" <> wrote in message
    > > According the Norton website my updates on Norton firewall and anti

    virus

    Bigfred, May 30, 2004

  3. Bigfred

    anon Guest

    anon, May 30, 2004
  4. Bigfred

    PS Guest

    Until recently, I was using NAV exclusively but whenever I have had problems
    with emails and viruses, it had not detected the viruses. Yet, TRENDMICRO at
    www.trendmicro.com has an excellent online antivirus program and it can scan
    your PC drives fast, easily and is most up to date. My opinion is that it
    does a better job in cleaning viruses off PC but I use it in addition to
    NAV.
    My 2 bob worth opinion.
    ps

    PS, May 30, 2004
  5. Bigfred

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Bigfred" <> wrote:

    >According the Norton website my updates on Norton firewall and anti virus
    >are up to date however the recent content blocking does not seem to be
    >working i.e. spam blocker and add stopper along with cookie blocker. I would
    >like to know if anyone else has had this problem with Norton 2004, it seems
    >to work well up to a point but the last month of so I have not been
    >impressed with it. I also had a terrible time with installing the updates.
    >
    >Thanks

    Norton 2004 causes so many problems for so many people that it should
    be classified as a *virus*.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, May 31, 2004
  6. Bigfred

    Bigfred Guest

    I have since read reviews on Norton Internet security 2004 and its
    frightening that a company as big as Symantec are getting away this. Lots of
    people including myself have lost money on this crippleware, they also have
    the audacity to ask for money to try and fix it. Another classic statement
    is that there is a conflict with XP,well if there was why did they put this
    crap on the market. Avoid this rubbish product folks. I have since installed
    zone alarm free edition and Avg anti virus free edition and the Google popup
    stopper, I now have a pc that works and Norton is now in the dustbin where
    it belongs.

    "Ron Martell" <> wrote in message
    > "Bigfred" <> wrote:
    >
    > >According the Norton website my updates on Norton firewall and anti virus
    > >are up to date however the recent content blocking does not seem to be
    > >working i.e. spam blocker and add stopper along with cookie blocker. I

    would
    > >like to know if anyone else has had this problem with Norton 2004, it

    seems
    > >to work well up to a point but the last month of so I have not been
    > >impressed with it. I also had a terrible time with installing the

    updates.

    > >Thanks
    > >

    > Norton 2004 causes so many problems for so many people that it should
    > be classified as a *virus*.
    >

    > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP