Not helpful...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by §nühw¤£f, Jan 1, 2010.

  1. §nühw¤£f

    §nühw¤£f Guest

    §nühw¤£f, Jan 1, 2010

  2. §nühw¤£f

    philo Guest

    §nühw¤£f wrote:
    > What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are there
    > that many sadistic cops?
    > http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-cop-tasered-diabetic-seizure-11-times/

    Good old Chicago cops

    I recall that when I was in school
    we took a bus trip to Chicago to visit the Museum of Science and Industry.

    There was a nice traffic jam due to some woman's car being stalled
    and everyone was honking at her...but she did not know what to do.

    Finally a nice police man showed up and I said to myself:

    "Now things are going to get all straightened out."

    He walked up to the car and growled at her : "Move it lady!"

    When she told him the car had stalled and she could not move it...
    he wrote her out a ticket for obstructing traffic

    then walked away.

    Eventually our bus got past her.

    She's probably still there
    philo, Jan 1, 2010

  3. §nühw¤£f

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 15:46:29 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

    > What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are there
    > that many sadistic cops?
    > http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-cop-tasered-diabetic-seizure-11-

    times/

    Although there are coppers here in the UK certified and qualified to carry
    and use tasers, and I've heard that they are occasionally used (in
    extremis), I've never actually seen one.

    --
    Las autoridades sanitarias advierten:
    Fumar perjudica gravemente su salud
    Aardvark, Jan 1, 2010
  4. §nühw¤£f

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 23:36:19 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

    > On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 15:46:29 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    >> What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are
    >> there that many sadistic cops?
    >> http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-cop-tasered-diabetic-seizure-11-

    > times/
    >

    > Although there are coppers here in the UK certified and qualified to
    > carry and use tasers, and I've heard that they are occasionally used (in
    > extremis), I've never actually seen one.

    BTW download and watch the following. Highly recommended:

    < http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4054645/Ross_Kemp_in_Afghanistan_%
    28Complete_Series%29 >

    You know how to handle a broken link, mate.

    Aardvark, Jan 1, 2010
  5. §nühw¤£f

    Aardvark, Jan 1, 2010
  6. §nühw¤£f

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 15:46:29 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

    > What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are there
    > that many sadistic cops?
    > http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-cop-tasered-diabetic-seizure-11-times/

    The taser has become a crutch to the cops. Don't like the attitude? Taser
    the SOB. But this cop has a mental problem for sure. If he hasn't been
    suspended or fired, he should be.

    Once those things are fired, it takes a minute or two to reset them and
    this asshole cop does it 11 times? What the hell were the paramedics doing
    about it? None of his cop buddies said nothing? The way I see it, the whole
    bunch of them should be sued.

    If one shot can take a 300 pound man down, why do you even do it a second
    time?

    I was in florida last year at a motel. Lady cop shows up to evict a guy in
    a room near mine. The door is locked from the inside with the keeper
    attached. I noticed she had her taser in hand. I just shook my head in
    disbelief. Like lady, you got any brains? Oh you're blonde, sorry. To open
    the door, the door has to be fully closed first. So that in itself gives
    her an edge. But her big buddy comes along to help out. Still has taser in
    hand. Totally ignorant cop for sure.
    richard, Jan 2, 2010
  7. §nühw¤£f

    richard Guest

    richard, Jan 2, 2010
  8. §nühw¤£f

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 23:36:19 +0000 (UTC), Aardvark wrote:

    > On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 15:46:29 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    >> What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are there
    >> that many sadistic cops?
    >> http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-cop-tasered-diabetic-seizure-11-

    > times/
    >

    > Although there are coppers here in the UK certified and qualified to carry
    > and use tasers, and I've heard that they are occasionally used (in
    > extremis), I've never actually seen one.

    http://www.break.com/index/fun-with-taser-guns.html

    www.taser.com

    First shows the results of being hit with one. You may want to turn the
    volume down.
    Second is the company that makes most of the them.
    richard, Jan 2, 2010
  9. §nühw¤£f

    §nühw¤£f Guest

    philo wrote:
    > §nühw¤£f wrote:
    >> What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are
    >> there that many sadistic cops?
    >> http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-cop-tasered-diabetic-seizure-11-times/
    >>

    > Good old Chicago cops
    >
    > I recall that when I was in school
    > we took a bus trip to Chicago to visit the Museum of Science and Industry.
    >
    > There was a nice traffic jam due to some woman's car being stalled
    > and everyone was honking at her...but she did not know what to do.
    >
    > Finally a nice police man showed up and I said to myself:
    >
    > "Now things are going to get all straightened out."
    >
    > He walked up to the car and growled at her : "Move it lady!"
    >
    > When she told him the car had stalled and she could not move it...
    > he wrote her out a ticket for obstructing traffic
    >
    > then walked away.
    >
    > Eventually our bus got past her.
    >

    > She's probably still there

    They built an overpass just for her...

    --
    http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2009/12/22-10
    §nühw¤£f, Jan 2, 2010
  10. Aardvark wrote:
    > On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 23:36:19 +0000, Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 15:46:29 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:
    >>
    >>> What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are
    >>> there that many sadistic cops?
    >>> http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-cop-tasered-diabetic-seizure-11-

    >> times/
    >>

    >> Although there are coppers here in the UK certified and qualified to
    >> carry and use tasers, and I've heard that they are occasionally used (in
    >> extremis), I've never actually seen one.

    > BTW download and watch the following. Highly recommended:
    >
    > < http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4054645/Ross_Kemp_in_Afghanistan_%
    > 28Complete_Series%29 >
    >
    > You know how to handle a broken link, mate.

    I'm pretty sure I can watch it off the Sky1 website...

    --
    http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2009/12/22-10
    §nühw¤£f, Jan 2, 2010
  11. §nühw¤£f

    §nühw¤£f Guest

    HEMI-Powered wrote:
    > §nühw¤£f added these comments in the current discussion du jour
    >
    >> What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or
    >> are there that many sadistic cops?
    >> http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-cop-tasered-diabetic-seizure-
    >> 11-times/

    > REAL "law abiding citizens" have nothing to fear from the police.
    > If one isn't breaking the law and isn't interferring with the cops
    > doing their duty, they won't get a taser attack.
    >
    > It's interesting to me that in real life, criminals are pretty
    > dumb, unlike the TV crime shows. They are also generally guilty,
    > unlike the cop shows. "Don't do the crime if you can't do the
    > time".

    Your utter lack of critical thinking skills are noted, and mocked, again.

    Now go stand in the corner.

    --
    http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2009/12/22-10
    §nühw¤£f, Jan 2, 2010
  12. §nühw¤£f

    philo Guest

    §nühw¤£f wrote:
    > philo wrote:
    >> §nühw¤£f wrote:
    >>> What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are
    >>> there that many sadistic cops?
    >>> http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-cop-tasered-diabetic-seizure-11-times/
    >>>

    >> Good old Chicago cops
    >>
    >> I recall that when I was in school
    >> we took a bus trip to Chicago to visit the Museum of Science and
    >> Industry.
    >>
    >> There was a nice traffic jam due to some woman's car being stalled
    >> and everyone was honking at her...but she did not know what to do.
    >>
    >> Finally a nice police man showed up and I said to myself:
    >>
    >> "Now things are going to get all straightened out."
    >>
    >> He walked up to the car and growled at her : "Move it lady!"
    >>
    >> When she told him the car had stalled and she could not move it...
    >> he wrote her out a ticket for obstructing traffic
    >>
    >> then walked away.
    >>
    >> Eventually our bus got past her.
    >>

    >> She's probably still there

    > They built an overpass just for her...

    ROTFLMAO!
    philo, Jan 2, 2010
  13. §nühw¤£f

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 08:46:07 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:

    >>> times/
    >>>

    >>> Although there are coppers here in the UK certified and qualified to
    >>> carry and use tasers, and I've heard that they are occasionally used
    >>> (in extremis), I've never actually seen one.

    >> BTW download and watch the following. Highly recommended:
    >>
    >> < http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4054645/Ross_Kemp_in_Afghanistan_%
    >> 28Complete_Series%29 >
    >>
    >> You know how to handle a broken link, mate.
    >>

    > I'm pretty sure I can watch it off the Sky1 website...

    Y'know, that never even crossed me mind.

    :)

    Aardvark, Jan 2, 2010
  14. §nühw¤£f

    chuckcar Guest

    §nühw¤£f <> wrote in

    > What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are
    > there that many sadistic cops?
    > http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-cop-tasered-diabetic-seizure-11-tim
    > es/

    Yes and yes. You want *really* bad? look up Max Mosely some time. Former
    head of the Federation International de Autosport.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jan 2, 2010
  15. §nühw¤£f

    chuckcar Guest

    "HEMI-Powered" <> wrote in

    > §nühw¤£f added these comments in the current discussion du jour
    >
    >> What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or
    >> are there that many sadistic cops?
    >> http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-cop-tasered-diabetic-seizure-
    >> 11-times/

    > REAL "law abiding citizens" have nothing to fear from the police.
    > If one isn't breaking the law and isn't interferring with the cops
    > doing their duty, they won't get a taser attack.

    Bullshit. look up Robert Dziekanski. An innocent man killed by a taser.

    http://www.boingboing.net/2007/10/26/taser-death-at-vanco.html

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jan 2, 2010
  16. §nühw¤£f

    §nühw¤£f Guest

    chuckcar wrote:
    > §nühw¤£f <> wrote in
    >
    >> What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are
    >> there that many sadistic cops?
    >> http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-cop-tasered-diabetic-seizure-11-tim
    >> es/
    >>

    > Yes and yes. You want *really* bad? look up Max Mosely some time. Former
    > head of the Federation International de Autosport.

    Just g00gling "taser deaths" will brink up plenty of evidence that the
    device
    can kill people and oftern does.

    --
    http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2009/12/22-10
    §nühw¤£f, Jan 2, 2010
  17. §nühw¤£f

    Dan C Guest

    On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 21:27:13 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > "HEMI-Powered" <> wrote in
    >
    >> §nühw€£f added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...
    >>
    >>> What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are
    >>> there that many sadistic cops?
    >>> http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-cop-tasered-diabetic-seizure-
    >>> 11-times/

    >> REAL "law abiding citizens" have nothing to fear from the police. If
    >> one isn't breaking the law and isn't interferring with the cops doing
    >> their duty, they won't get a taser attack.
    >>

    > Bullshit. look up Robert Dziekanski. An innocent man killed by a taser.
    >
    > http://www.boingboing.net/2007/10/26/taser-death-at-vanco.html

    Looks to me like he was killed by his own stupidity.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.
    Dan C, Jan 2, 2010
  18. §nühw¤£f

    chuckcar Guest

    Dan C <> wrote in

    > On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 21:27:13 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
    >
    >> "HEMI-Powered" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> §nühw€£f added these comments in the current discussion du jour

    >>> REAL "law abiding citizens" have nothing to fear from the police. If
    >>> one isn't breaking the law and isn't interferring with the cops
    >>> doing their duty, they won't get a taser attack.
    >>>

    >> Bullshit. look up Robert Dziekanski. An innocent man killed by a
    >> taser.
    >>
    >> http://www.boingboing.net/2007/10/26/taser-death-at-vanco.html

    > Looks to me like he was killed by his own stupidity.

    Sorry, I don't answer statements from people who are already dead. You
    surely must be with lack of active neurons that would be required to
    come up with that answer.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jan 3, 2010
  19. §nühw¤£f

    chuckcar Guest

    §nühw¤£f <> wrote in

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >> §nühw¤£f <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are
    >>> there that many sadistic cops?
    >>> http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-cop-tasered-diabetic-seizure-11-t
    >>> im es/
    >>>

    >> Yes and yes. You want *really* bad? look up Max Mosely some time.
    >> Former head of the Federation International de Autosport.
    >>

    > Just g00gling "taser deaths" will brink up plenty of evidence that the
    > device
    > can kill people and oftern does.

    Of course it does. You're sending thousands of volts through a persons
    torso.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jan 3, 2010
  20. §nühw¤£f

    Dan C Guest

    On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 03:58:35 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > §nühw€£f <> wrote in
    >
    >> chuckcar wrote:
    >>> §nühw€£f <> wrote in

    >>> Yes and yes. You want *really* bad? look up Max Mosely some time.
    >>> Former head of the Federation International de Autosport.
    >>>

    >> Just g00gling "taser deaths" will brink up plenty of evidence that the
    >> device
    >> can kill people and oftern does.
    >>

    > Of course it does. You're sending thousands of volts through a persons
    > torso.

    Well, not really "through their torso". Through the flesh which is
    between the two electrodes, which are a very short distance apart.

    Quite a different thing.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.
    Dan C, Jan 3, 2010