    Any ideas?

    thanks
    Frank
    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbms=?=, Oct 10, 2005

  2. "=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbms=?=" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I am helping a friend out and need some help. he has 3 pc. 2 of them
    > are connected to a workgroup and can access the interenet just fine.
    > the 3rd one is not connected to any workgroup (not part of the
    > business), but is connected to the linksys wirless router, but can not
    > get outside.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > thanks
    > Frank

    How does he have the wireless router configured, is he using WEP or WPA? If
    so, you need to configure the laptop with the same shared secret that he
    configured on the AP.

    --
    James McIllece, Microsoft

    Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online account
    name for newsgroup participation only.

    James McIllece [MS], Oct 10, 2005