    to the latest 12.2.35.

    I tried to download the software to the switch but not enough room. What do
    I do?
    tony, Mar 18, 2007

  2. "tony" <> crashed Echelon writing
    news:etk3vd$3hi$:

    > I tried to download the software to the switch but not enough room.
    > What do I do?

    Delete the old image, copy the new image to flash, configure terminal->
    boot system flash:/newimage

    reboot

    --
    Bjarke Andersen
    Bjarke Andersen, Mar 18, 2007

  3. tony

    Brian V Guest

    "tony" <> wrote in message
    >I am trying to upgrade my 3750G-TS switch currently running
    >
    > IOS (tm) C3750 Software (C3750-I9-M), Version 12.1(11)AX, RELEASE SOFTWARE
    > (fc3)
    >
    > to the latest 12.2.35.
    >
    > I tried to download the software to the switch but not enough room. What
    > do I do?

    If you follow the right upgrade proceedure it does it for you. FYI, you do
    NOT simply do a copy TFTP flash with modern switches if you wish to maintain
    the html interface. Images are part of a .tar file and get extracted
    automatically along with all of the appropriate html files.

    http://cio.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat2970/12220se1/ol554702.htm#wp559616
    Brian V, Mar 18, 2007
  4. tony

    tony Guest

    I am worried that the new image might have problems. SO thats why I want to
    keep the old one on there

    tony, Mar 18, 2007
  5. tony

    Brian V Guest

    "tony" <> wrote in message
    >I am worried that the new image might have problems. SO thats why I want to
    >keep the old one on there
    > "Brian V" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "tony" <> wrote in message
    >>>I am trying to upgrade my 3750G-TS switch currently running
    >>>
    >>> IOS (tm) C3750 Software (C3750-I9-M), Version 12.1(11)AX, RELEASE
    >>> SOFTWARE (fc3)
    >>>
    >>> to the latest 12.2.35.
    >>>
    >>> I tried to download the software to the switch but not enough room. What
    >>> do I do?
    >>>

    >> If you follow the right upgrade proceedure it does it for you. FYI, you
    >> do NOT simply do a copy TFTP flash with modern switches if you wish to
    >> maintain the html interface. Images are part of a .tar file and get
    >> extracted automatically along with all of the appropriate html files.
    >>
    >> http://cio.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat2970/12220se1/ol554702.htm#wp559616

    Please don't top post, it makes it hard to follow the thread. Why are you
    changing the image in the first place? Is there a feature, bug or something
    else you are trying to add/fix? If you are simply doing it to do it, don't.
    If it's not broke, don't fix it.
    Brian V, Mar 18, 2007
  6. tony

    Guest

    On 18 Mar, 21:18, "Brian V" <> wrote:
    > "tony" <> wrote in message

    > >I am worried that the new image might have problems. SO thats why I want to
    > >keep the old one on there
    > > "Brian V" <> wrote in message

    > >> "tony" <> wrote in message

    > >> If you follow the right upgrade proceedure it does it for you. FYI, you
    > >> do NOT simply do a copy TFTP flash with modern switches if you wish to
    > >> maintain the html interface. Images are part of a .tar file and get
    > >> extracted automatically along with all of the appropriate html files.

    > >>http://cio.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat2970/12220se1/...

    > Please don't top post, it makes it hard to follow the thread. Why are you
    > changing the image in the first place? Is there a feature, bug or something
    > else you are trying to add/fix? If you are simply doing it to do it, don't.
    > If it's not broke, don't fix it.- Hide quoted text -

    I think that if you want the facility that you describe you will have
    to get a more flexible switch.

    4500, 6500 do have the facility to store multiple images.
    Not sure about 4948.

    Typically low end switches and routers do not offer
    the facility to store multiple images.

    You may be able to tftp boot the new image and
    then throw it away of you don;t like it.
    This usually needs console access.
    , Mar 18, 2007
  7. tony

    thedwarf

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    to optimize your upgrade(html feature)

    -download .tar file of the version of you're choice(cco account needed)
    -download the .tar file of you're current version(helps if image not compliant)

    save your switch/router configuration

    download a tftp server at solarwinds site(freeware) install it on a computer the switch/router can connect to it and launch it pointing .tar files

    type in the switch/router in exec mode

    #archive download-sw /overwrite tftp://tftpIPaddress/IOSimage.tar

    let it run till it's finish (takes a while)

    type in

    #verify flash:IOSimagefolder/IOSimage.bin

    if its good type in

    #copy run start
    then
    #reload

    if it's not good use the archive command to set the old image:

    #archive download-sw /overwrite tftp://tftpIPaddress/OldIOSimage.tar

    u are back at the begining but with a none modified image

    try this first to get some results
    thedwarf, Mar 20, 2007