Not enough Server Storage?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Mervyn Thomas, Sep 13, 2007.

  1. I have an XP PC with a 150GB seperate drive with a wireless network to a
    Vista laptop.
    When I try to connect to the 158 GB from the laptop I get a response " ...
    is not accessible. Not enough server storage is available to process this
    command" If I attach the drive physically to the laptop it is completely
    readable. Can you suggest what I need to do?
     
    Mervyn Thomas, Sep 13, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Mervyn Thomas

    Lem Guest

    Mervyn Thomas wrote:
    > I have an XP PC with a 150GB seperate drive with a wireless network to a
    > Vista laptop.
    > When I try to connect to the 158 GB from the laptop I get a response " ...
    > is not accessible. Not enough server storage is available to process this
    > command" If I attach the drive physically to the laptop it is completely
    > readable. Can you suggest what I need to do?
    >
    >
    >

    Sounds like the IRPStackSize bug:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177078/en-us

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

    To the moon and back with 64 Kbits of RAM and 512 Kbits of ROM.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Guidance_Computer
     
    Lem, Sep 13, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Mervyn Thomas

    ryu2e Guest

    I am having the exact same problem as Mervyn. Using regedit, I created and
    then set IRPStackSize on my Vista Laptop. I tried values of 8, 21 and 50 and
    rebooted each time. Following each reboot, I still couldn't see the USB
    drive. I didn't make any changes on the PC (Desktop). Any ideas?


    "Lem" wrote:

    > Mervyn Thomas wrote:
    > > I have an XP PC with a 150GB seperate drive with a wireless network to a
    > > Vista laptop.
    > > When I try to connect to the 158 GB from the laptop I get a response " ...
    > > is not accessible. Not enough server storage is available to process this
    > > command" If I attach the drive physically to the laptop it is completely
    > > readable. Can you suggest what I need to do?
    > >
    > >
    > >

    > Sounds like the IRPStackSize bug:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177078/en-us
    >
    > --
    > Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking
    >
    > To the moon and back with 64 Kbits of RAM and 512 Kbits of ROM.
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Guidance_Computer
    >
     
    ryu2e, Nov 21, 2007
    #3
  4. Mervyn Thomas

    Lem Guest

    ryu2e wrote:
    > I am having the exact same problem as Mervyn. Using regedit, I created and
    > then set IRPStackSize on my Vista Laptop. I tried values of 8, 21 and 50 and
    > rebooted each time. Following each reboot, I still couldn't see the USB
    > drive. I didn't make any changes on the PC (Desktop). Any ideas?
    >
    >
    > "Lem" wrote:
    >
    >> Mervyn Thomas wrote:
    >>> I have an XP PC with a 150GB seperate drive with a wireless network to a
    >>> Vista laptop.
    >>> When I try to connect to the 158 GB from the laptop I get a response " ...
    >>> is not accessible. Not enough server storage is available to process this
    >>> command" If I attach the drive physically to the laptop it is completely
    >>> readable. Can you suggest what I need to do?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>

    >> Sounds like the IRPStackSize bug:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177078/en-us
    >>
    >> --
    >> Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking
    >>
    >> To the moon and back with 64 Kbits of RAM and 512 Kbits of ROM.
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Guidance_Computer
    >>


    Make the change on the *XP desktop* (assuming it's XP; I don't know if
    Vista even looks at that key).

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

    To the moon and back with 2K words of RAM and 36K words of ROM.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Guidance_Computer
    http://history.nasa.gov/afj/compessay.htm
     
    Lem, Nov 21, 2007
    #4
  5. Mervyn Thomas

    ryu2e Guest

    Thanks. That worked. I set the IRPStackSize value to 50 on both the XP PC
    and the Vista laptop to be extra sure.

    "Lem" wrote:

    > ryu2e wrote:
    > > I am having the exact same problem as Mervyn. Using regedit, I created and
    > > then set IRPStackSize on my Vista Laptop. I tried values of 8, 21 and 50 and
    > > rebooted each time. Following each reboot, I still couldn't see the USB
    > > drive. I didn't make any changes on the PC (Desktop). Any ideas?
    > >
    > >
    > > "Lem" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Mervyn Thomas wrote:
    > >>> I have an XP PC with a 150GB seperate drive with a wireless network to a
    > >>> Vista laptop.
    > >>> When I try to connect to the 158 GB from the laptop I get a response " ...
    > >>> is not accessible. Not enough server storage is available to process this
    > >>> command" If I attach the drive physically to the laptop it is completely
    > >>> readable. Can you suggest what I need to do?
    > >>>
    > >>>
    > >>>
    > >> Sounds like the IRPStackSize bug:
    > >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177078/en-us
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking
    > >>
    > >> To the moon and back with 64 Kbits of RAM and 512 Kbits of ROM.
    > >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Guidance_Computer
    > >>

    >
    > Make the change on the *XP desktop* (assuming it's XP; I don't know if
    > Vista even looks at that key).
    >
    > --
    > Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking
    >
    > To the moon and back with 2K words of RAM and 36K words of ROM.
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Guidance_Computer
    > http://history.nasa.gov/afj/compessay.htm
    >
     
    ryu2e, Nov 21, 2007
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgQ2FtcGJlbGw=?=

    Not enough server storage - was ok but now one-way

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgQ2FtcGJlbGw=?=, Nov 1, 2004, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    2,787
    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgQ2FtcGJlbGw=?=
    Nov 3, 2004
  2. =?Utf-8?B?RWtfU3R1cGlkbw==?=

    Not Enough Server Storage

    =?Utf-8?B?RWtfU3R1cGlkbw==?=, Feb 14, 2005, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    2,052
    Malke
    Feb 16, 2005
  3. =?Utf-8?B?bXV6eg==?=

    "not enough server storage" error when mapping drive

    =?Utf-8?B?bXV6eg==?=, Aug 4, 2005, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    9,389
    Malke
    Aug 5, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UENmaXhpbm1hbg==?=

    "not enough server storage is available to process this command" E

    =?Utf-8?B?UENmaXhpbm1hbg==?=, Feb 9, 2006, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    64,377
    Da_Maine-iac
    Mar 17, 2007
  5. Leanin' Cedar

    not enough server storage to process this command

    Leanin' Cedar, Jan 14, 2007, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    5,656
    Malke
    Jan 14, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page