"not enough server storage" error when mapping drive

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?bXV6eg==?=, Aug 4, 2005.

  1. I get this message when trying to map drives
    on my home network. Anyone know the answer?

    =?Utf-8?B?bXV6eg==?=, Aug 4, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bXV6eg==?=

    Malke Guest

    muzz wrote:

    > I get this message when trying to map drives
    > on my home network. Anyone know the answer?

    Here is information on the error from MVP Hans-Georg Michna:

    This error indicates that you are falling foul of the IRPStackSize bug.
    The problem is on the machine you are attempting to connect to, not the
    machine where you see the error message. On the computer you are
    attempting to connect to, check the event viewer for an event ID 2011.

    Usual fix : You need to fix a parameter called IRPStackSize

    On the computer you are attempting to connect to, Set the IRPStackSize
    back to the default (15 ). Perform the following steps:

    1. Start regedit.
    2. Navigate to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters.
    3. Double-click IRPStackSize (or if this registry setting doesn't
    exist, create it with type DWORD and ensure the case is correct).
    4. Change the base to decimal, set the value to 15, and click OK.
    5. Reboot the computer.

    Norton AV is usual suspect for breaking it. There's a KB article about
    this, too:

    Antivirus Software May Cause Event ID 2011 (Q177078)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;177078

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers