    or do they sit together in the same cable into one connector.

    thanks in advance.

    taff10 ( computer expert - NOT !!!!! )
    Ian Jones, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Ian Jones

    Rob K Guest

    "Ian Jones" a émis l'idée suivante :
    > hi all
    >
    > my motherboard (ASUS A7V333) has 4 ide ports ( 2 normal and 2 raid )
    >
    > At the moment I have my hard drive and a zip drive on the same cable into
    > one ide connector and a CD writer and DVD on the same cable into the other.
    > The two RAID connectors are vacant.
    >
    > Im thinking of getting another hard drive and using the RAID.
    >
    > Can anyone advise how to set up the cables to get it all to work.
    >
    > Do the two hard drives have separate cables each into its own ide connector
    > or do they sit together in the same cable into one connector.
    >
    > thanks in advance.
    >
    > taff10 ( computer expert - NOT !!!!! )

    From this site:
    http://www.itreviews.co.uk/hardware/h325c.htm

    "Asus includes an excellent 118-page manual that has all the usual
    setup details, plus details on how to set up the RAID. A quick
    reference card is also included for common settings."

    Found this and a lot more here:
    http://tinyurl.com/vvet

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:
    Rob K, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Ian Jones

    ilmc Guest

    Ian Jones typed:
    > hi all
    >
    > my motherboard (ASUS A7V333) has 4 ide ports ( 2 normal and 2 raid )
    >
    > At the moment I have my hard drive and a zip drive on the same cable
    > into one ide connector and a CD writer and DVD on the same cable into
    > the other. The two RAID connectors are vacant.
    >
    > Im thinking of getting another hard drive and using the RAID.
    >
    > Can anyone advise how to set up the cables to get it all to work.
    >
    > Do the two hard drives have separate cables each into its own ide
    > connector or do they sit together in the same cable into one
    > connector.
    >
    > thanks in advance.
    >
    > taff10 ( computer expert - NOT !!!!! )

    Why use RAID with only two drives?
    AFAIK, you only get mirroring.
    ilmc, Nov 20, 2003
  4. ilmc wrote:

    > Ian Jones typed:
    >
    >>hi all
    >>
    >>my motherboard (ASUS A7V333) has 4 ide ports ( 2 normal and 2 raid )
    >>
    >>At the moment I have my hard drive and a zip drive on the same cable
    >>into one ide connector and a CD writer and DVD on the same cable into
    >>the other. The two RAID connectors are vacant.
    >>
    >>Im thinking of getting another hard drive and using the RAID.
    >>
    >>Can anyone advise how to set up the cables to get it all to work.
    >>
    >>Do the two hard drives have separate cables each into its own ide
    >>connector or do they sit together in the same cable into one
    >>connector.
    >>
    >>thanks in advance.
    >>
    >>taff10 ( computer expert - NOT !!!!! )

    > Why use RAID with only two drives?
    > AFAIK, you only get mirroring.

    Actually, you can mirror or stripe with 2 or more disks.

    My suggestion for the OP:
    Buy a SCSI controller and SCSI drives instead at this point. If you
    really need more HD space, you can simply keep adding drives on the SCSI
    ribbon.

    --Unless RAID is the way you want to go.

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)
    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Nov 21, 2003