    Ideally, said handset would have a base which is separate from the
    handset's charger, although CLID Name is the more important feature.

    Cheers.

    Jono, Jul 16, 2007

  2. Jono

    Graham Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Has anyone got any recommendation for a DECT handset to connnect to an SPA
    > adapter...... a handset that can cope with VoIP Caller ID _Name_?
    >
    > Ideally, said handset would have a base which is separate from the
    > handset's charger, although CLID Name is the more important feature.
    >
    > Cheers.

    Nether of my cheap Binitone DECTS do (no suprise there)
    I was suprised when I connected one of those stand-alone
    BT caller display units (99p from car boot, NIB) that it
    displayed the full station name from Asterisk via a PAP2
    It seems to be an undocumented area of phones specs.
    which is no doubt why you are asking here.

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Jul 16, 2007

  3. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Graham presented the following explanation :
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone got any recommendation for a DECT handset to connnect to an SPA
    >> adapter...... a handset that can cope with VoIP Caller ID _Name_?
    >>
    >> Ideally, said handset would have a base which is separate from the
    >> handset's charger, although CLID Name is the more important feature.
    >>
    >> Cheers.

    > Nether of my cheap Binitone DECTS do (no suprise there)
    > I was suprised when I connected one of those stand-alone
    > BT caller display units (99p from car boot, NIB) that it
    > displayed the full station name from Asterisk via a PAP2
    > It seems to be an undocumented area of phones specs.
    > which is no doubt why you are asking here.

    It is.

    Neither of my BT handsets display the station name. My sister has an
    old Panasonic that does.

    I want one that does too..!

    Jono, Jul 16, 2007
  4. Jono

    bob garbutt Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Has anyone got any recommendation for a DECT handset to connnect to an
    > SPA adapter...... a handset that can cope with VoIP Caller ID _Name_?
    >
    > Ideally, said handset would have a base which is separate from the
    > handset's charger, although CLID Name is the more important feature.
    >
    > Cheers.

    Hi,

    I use this with my ATA, no problem with CLID

    http://tinyurl.com/2lp3dq

    I have three phones working of my ATA without any problems and all
    handsets CLID

    Bob

    bob garbutt, Jul 17, 2007
  5. Jono

    alexd Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > It is.
    >
    > Neither of my BT handsets display the station name. My sister has an
    > old Panasonic that does.
    >
    > I want one that does too..!

    I've got a Panasonic KX-TCA505EM base station, KX-TCA105EM handset and
    Grandstream '486. Works fine with SMS and caller ID names.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    18:39:14 up 27 min, 1 user, load average: 0.05, 0.28, 0.43

    alexd, Jul 17, 2007
  6. Jono

    Jono Guest

    bob garbutt presented the following explanation :
    > Jono wrote:
    >> Has anyone got any recommendation for a DECT handset to connnect to an SPA
    >> adapter...... a handset that can cope with VoIP Caller ID _Name_?
    >>
    >> Ideally, said handset would have a base which is separate from the
    >> handset's charger, although CLID Name is the more important feature.
    >>
    >> Cheers.
    >>

    > Hi,
    >
    > I use this with my ATA, no problem with CLID
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/2lp3dq
    >
    > I have three phones working of my ATA without any problems and all handsets
    > CLID
    >
    > Bob

    Thanks Bob. Does it show the caller's NAME as well as CLID? (Assuming
    VoIP call, not legacy)

    Jono, Jul 17, 2007
  7. Jono

    Jono Guest

    alexd explained on 17/07/2007 :
    > Jono wrote:
    >
    >> It is.
    >>
    >> Neither of my BT handsets display the station name. My sister has an
    >> old Panasonic that does.
    >>
    >> I want one that does too..!

    > I've got a Panasonic KX-TCA505EM base station, KX-TCA105EM handset and
    > Grandstream '486. Works fine with SMS and caller ID names.

    Cheers, alexd.

    Panasonic seem to be favourites, so far.

    Jono, Jul 17, 2007
  8. Jono

    Iain Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > Panasonic seem to be favourites, so far.

    That's because they are the best. We have Panasonic, Philips and cheap
    ones from Lidl and Aldi. The Panasonics are so much better and not much
    more expensive.

    Iain, Jul 18, 2007