not able to shut down PC having windows xp operating system

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Manish Bafna, Jan 4, 2008.

  1. Manish Bafna

    Manish Bafna Guest

    Hi All,
    I am not able to shut down PC having windows xp operating system.This
    happens only when i connect internet by dial up connection and do some
    surfing.Then only way out i have is to reboot machine by pressing reset
    button.If i dont connect internet then i am able to easily shut down PC.
    Any ideas/insights would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance for repyling(as always)

    With Warm Regards.
    Manish Bafna.
    MCP and MCTS.

    --
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks and Regards.

    Manish Bafna, Jan 4, 2008

  2. Manish Bafna

    S.SubZero Guest

    Is it XP64? This is the 64bit newsgroup.

    S.SubZero, Jan 4, 2008

  3. Manish Bafna

    Carlos Guest

    Manish,
    This is a 64-bit OSs exclusive NG.
    If you are running XP 32-bit please refer to the proper NG.
    When you post your question there try to explain in greater detail the
    meaning of "I am not able to shut down..."
    Describe in full what happens when, or after, you press Start, Shut down.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 4, 2008