    wireless card, Netgear B in this case, I am not able to connect to Internet.
    Do I need to change any settings? Pl. Thanks.

    Sree..

    =?Utf-8?B?c3JlZWhhcmk=?=, Nov 9, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c3JlZWhhcmk=?=

    Malke Guest

    sreehari wrote:

    > I am having D-Link 514 Wireless Router. If I use an ethernet cable
    > between the Router and my lapto, I am able to connect to Internet. If
    > I use a wireless card, Netgear B in this case, I am not able to
    > connect to Internet. Do I need to change any settings? Pl. Thanks.
    >
    > Sree..

    Did you configure your laptop's wireless settings to match those on the
    router? Make sure you assign at least a WEP key, or WPA if your router
    and laptop offer that.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Nov 9, 2004

  3. Thanks Malke,

    When I tried to configure WEP, I noticed that there is no check mark on let
    Windows configure your wireless settings. So, I checked there and it started
    working. Thanks for the advice.

    Regards,
    Sree..

    =?Utf-8?B?c3JlZWhhcmk=?=, Nov 10, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?c3JlZWhhcmk=?=

    Malke Guest

    sreehari wrote:

    > Thanks Malke,
    >
    > When I tried to configure WEP, I noticed that there is no check mark
    > on let Windows configure your wireless settings. So, I checked there
    > and it started working. Thanks for the advice.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Sree..

    Excellent! I'm glad you got it sorted. I appreciate your letting me
    know.

    Cheers,

    Malke

    Malke, Nov 10, 2004