    Unlike I can get this working soon then its bye-bye Mozilla. I need my ebay
    working properly and this needs Java.

    Tony

    TG, Feb 5, 2005

  2. TG

    Gregg Guest

    TG wrote:
    > I installed Firefox yesterday. Appears to be very marginally faster than IE6
    > on my old 850MHz laptop. I did also managed to register on a particular
    > secure site that continually died in IE6.
    >
    > However ...I already have Java 1.5 (ie v5) installed. Works fine in IE6. How
    > on earth do you get it working in Firefox. I have even allowed Fiefox to
    > manually download and reinstall. However it seems still not to work - I have
    > logged into ebay and the Java preview window does not work.
    >
    > Unlike I can get this working soon then its bye-bye Mozilla. I need my ebay
    > working properly and this needs Java.
    >
    > Tony

    Why the big hurry? Don't you still have IE for Ebay. Java works fine for
    me in Firefox and not sure what your problem could be, but hopefully
    some Firefox technically superior folks would help. I use Firefox for my
    primary browser and it is my favorite, but I also am sometimes in a mood
    that I like to use Opera, Mozilla, Maxthon, or even IE for various
    reasons. At first when I began using Firefox I decided this was it, my
    only browser, but alas I find while it is my favorite a different
    browser just breaks the monotony from time to time. The other day I was
    having problems navigation MSN.com and my msn with IE and Firefox flew
    right through. Also, with any new browser that one uses it takes getting
    used to. If one is looking for just speed, Opera for me is the fastest,
    especially for going back to a previously viewed site, but sometimes it
    renders pages a little bleakly. I don't think any one browser does
    everything better, though in my opinion Firefox is the best overall, by
    a good measure. Like I said earlier, someone will probably pipe in and
    help with your Java problem. If not and if you have the time try Google,
    some of the other newsgroups, or the Firefox message boards for a
    solution. Good luck.

    Gregg

    Gregg, Feb 5, 2005

  3. TG

    TG Guest

    I spend too long in ebay to use a browser which may have problems with it.

    I have actually just been to the Sun test page
    http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml and it tells me that I have
    the latest version of the JVM and it is installed just fine.

    But... the Item Description page in Ebay still only allows raw HTML, whereas
    IE6 allows me to go WSIWYG which is what I need.

    Any help appreciated - don't want to give up on Firefox!!!

    Tony

    TG, Feb 5, 2005
  4. TG

    Gunther Guest

    In article <4204fa11$0$19162$>,
    says...
    > I spend too long in ebay to use a browser which may have problems with it.
    >
    > I have actually just been to the Sun test page
    > http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml and it tells me that I have
    > the latest version of the JVM and it is installed just fine.
    >
    > But... the Item Description page in Ebay still only allows raw HTML, whereas
    > IE6 allows me to go WSIWYG which is what I need.
    >
    > Any help appreciated - don't want to give up on Firefox!!!

    If you can use Firefox to see the correct results at
    http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml
    them the problem ain't Firefox: it's ebay's problem.

    There are worse things than having to learn HTML in order
    to sell stuff on ebay.

    Gunther, Feb 6, 2005