    I accidentally ran my nose into the LCD viewing screen of my G2 leaving a
    greasy print. How do I safely remove it? Thanks.
    Ben

    BenMarg, Dec 3, 2003

  2. BenMarg

    Rafe B. Guest

    On 03 Dec 2003 04:51:56 GMT, (BenMarg) wrote:

    >I accidentally ran my nose into the LCD viewing screen of my G2 leaving a
    >greasy print. How do I safely remove it? Thanks.
    >Ben

    Maybe a cotton rag or t-shirt and a touch of windex?

    Or maybe whatever you use to clean lenses with?

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    Rafe B., Dec 3, 2003

  3. "BenMarg" <> wrote in message
    > I accidentally ran my nose into the LCD viewing screen of my G2 leaving a
    > greasy print. How do I safely remove it? Thanks.

    A bit of Windex or isopropyl alcohol on a clean tissue or paper towel.

    Michael A. Covington, Dec 3, 2003
  4. "BenMarg" <> wrote in message
    > I accidentally ran my nose into the LCD viewing screen of my G2 leaving a
    > greasy print. How do I safely remove it? Thanks.
    > Ben

    Seems like kind of a drastic measure just to keep nose prints off your LCD,
    but if you're dead set on it, I would suggest that you see an ear, nost and
    throat surgeon.

    HMc

    Howard McCollister, Dec 3, 2003
  5. In article <>,
    (BenMarg) wrote:

    > I accidentally ran my nose into the LCD viewing screen of my G2 leaving a
    > greasy print. How do I safely remove it? Thanks.
    > Ben

    Breathe on it and use pure cotton cloth.
    I wouldn't use Windex. I'm afraid the ammonia in it wouldn't be good for
    the plastic.
    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA

    Charlie Dilks, Dec 3, 2003
  6. BenMarg

    XMan Guest

    OH MY GOSH!!!

    GET THE DAMN SOFT CLOTH AND CLEAN IT!!!

    XMan, Dec 3, 2003
  7. BenMarg

    Ben Thomas Guest

    BenMarg wrote:
    > I accidentally ran my nose into the LCD viewing screen of my G2 leaving a
    > greasy print. How do I safely remove it? Thanks.
    > Ben

    Cleaning the LCD properly is not important, compared to how you clean your
    lense. Just use a clean cotton cloth.

    Ben Thomas - Software Engineer - UNICO Computer Systems
    Melbourne, Australia

    relate to the official business of my employer, UNICO Computer Systems,
    shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

    Ben Thomas, Dec 3, 2003
  8. BenMarg

    Don Coon Guest

    "Michael A. Covington" <> wrote
    in message news:...
    > "BenMarg" <> wrote in message
    > > I accidentally ran my nose into the LCD viewing screen of my G2 leaving

    > > greasy print. How do I safely remove it? Thanks.

    > A bit of Windex or isopropyl alcohol on a clean tissue or paper towel.

    I wouldn't recommend use of any paper product on an LCD. Paper is abrasive
    to plastic and will eventually leave scratches. I always use a cotton cloth.

    Don Coon, Dec 3, 2003
  9. BenMarg

    Donald Gray Guest

    On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 00:12:47 -0500, "Michael A. Covington"
    <> wrote:

    >"BenMarg" <> wrote in message
    >> I accidentally ran my nose into the LCD viewing screen of my G2 leaving a
    >> greasy print. How do I safely remove it? Thanks.

    >A bit of Windex or isopropyl alcohol on a clean tissue or paper towel.

    Never use paper towel or may other 'tissue' made from wood - regular
    use will cause scratches. Use the cleaning cloth available from photo
    or optical stores.

    Be cautious using any spirit. If it is a greasy mark (nose marks will
    probably be oils from facial glands (sounds good), then use a tiny
    drop of washing up detergent in a tablespoon of water. Dampen cloth
    and gently wipe. ensure cloth well squeezed out and make sure no
    liquids get into the cracks etc. polish GENTLY with dry cloth.

    Often, if it is not too bad, just breathing a 'Haaaaaaaaar' will
    deposit enough moisture for you to polish off the mark.

    --
    Donald Gray
    www.odcombe.demon.co.uk

    Donald Gray, Dec 3, 2003
  10. BenMarg

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Don Coon wrote:

    > I wouldn't recommend use of any paper product on an LCD. Paper is
    > abrasive to plastic and will eventually leave scratches. I always use
    > a cotton cloth.

    Microfiber is even better. It leaves no lint whatsoever.

    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 4, 2003
  11. BenMarg

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Donald Gray wrote:

    > Often, if it is not too bad, just breathing a 'Haaaaaaaaar' will
    > deposit enough moisture for you to polish off the mark.

    As long as your breath isn't foul like that of an iguana... :)

    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 4, 2003
  12. BenMarg

    BenMarg Guest

    Thanks everybody; I was not only concerned about abrasion to the screen, but I
    had also heard that pressure itself to the screen might harm and distort the
    image produced (if you press or twist a calculator LCD display, a cheap one in
    any case, you sometimes will see segments opacify, sometimes permanently).
    Thanks again,
    Ben

    BenMarg, Dec 4, 2003
  13. BenMarg

    ILYNat Guest

    Even Better Solution

    > Cleaning the LCD properly is not important, compared to how you clean your
    > lense. Just use a clean cotton cloth.

    Even more important is keeping your nose clean! A clean cotton cloth
    works well here also, or even better, the aforementioned microfiber
    cloth which leaves no lint!

    Remember, a clean nose leaves no greasy marks!

    ILYNat, Dec 4, 2003
  14. BenMarg

    Browntimdc Guest

    Re: Even Better Solution

    (ILYNat) wrote in

    >> Cleaning the LCD properly is not important, compared to how you clean
    >> your lense. Just use a clean cotton cloth.
    >>

    > Even more important is keeping your nose clean! A clean cotton cloth
    > works well here also, or even better, the aforementioned microfiber
    > cloth which leaves no lint!
    >
    > Remember, a clean nose leaves no greasy marks!

    If I clean my nose what will I rub into the scratches on my negatives?

    Tim

    --

    "The strongest human instinct is to impart information,
    and the second strongest is to resist it."

    Kenneth Graham

    Browntimdc, Dec 4, 2003
  15. "BenMarg" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks everybody; I was not only concerned about abrasion to the screen,

    but I
    > had also heard that pressure itself to the screen might harm and distort

    the
    > image produced (if you press or twist a calculator LCD display, a cheap

    one in
    > any case, you sometimes will see segments opacify, sometimes permanently).
    > Thanks again,
    > Ben

    To keep this from happening again - or worse damage from other contacts with
    the screen like buttons - get a hard plastuic shield from
    www.daproducts.com.

    Marvin Margoshes, Dec 4, 2003
  16. BenMarg

    zbzbzb Guest

    >> Thanks everybody; I was not only concerned about abrasion to the screen,
    >but I
    >> had also heard that pressure itself to the screen might harm and distort

    >the
    >> image produced (if you press or twist a calculator LCD display, a cheap

    >one in
    >> any case, you sometimes will see segments opacify, sometimes permanently).
    >> Thanks again,
    >> Ben

    >To keep this from happening again - or worse damage from other contacts with
    >the screen like buttons - get a hard plastuic shield from
    >www.daproducts.com.

    Brillo pads are real good at getting grime and grease off those LCD displays.

    zbzbzb, Dec 4, 2003
  17. BenMarg

    Greg Kamer Guest

    "BenMarg" <> wrote in message
    > I accidentally ran my nose into the LCD viewing screen of my G2 leaving a
    > greasy print. How do I safely remove it? Thanks.
    > Ben

    I brought the same little spray bottel of lens cleaner I use for my glasses
    and soft cloth to keep my LCD clean and "nose print" free.....

    Greg Kamer, Dec 5, 2003
  18. BenMarg

    Chris Quinn Guest

    Wear a diving helmet when inspecting the images

    Chris Quinn, Dec 5, 2003
  19. It should be sufficient to 'powder one's nose' more frequently.

    George For Prez, Dec 5, 2003
  20. BenMarg

    Rich Guest

    Rich, Dec 5, 2003