Norvin's CUSTOM Mozilla Firefox 1.0 (For Windows)

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Norvin Adams III, Dec 24, 2004.

  1. http://getit.at/norvinsfiles

    My CUSTOM version of Mozilla Firefox is meant for users who are making the
    switch from Microsoft Internet Explorer (MSIE). It has enhancements that the
    default release versions of Mozilla Firefox & MSIE don't have. Many thanks
    go out to the authors of these extensions I used for my CUSTOM version of
    Mozilla Firefox.

    DIFFERENCES FROM DEFAULT MOZILLA FIREFOX INSTALLATION

    1) Bookmarks Toolbar is turned off.

    2) History is set to 30 days.

    3) Download Manager History is cleared upon exiting Mozilla Firefox.

    4) Cookies are allowed for the originating web site only.

    5) You will be asked where to save files whenever you download files.

    6) "Resize large images to fit in the browser window" is turned off.

    7) "Use autoscrolling" is turned off.

    8) "Use smooth scrolling" is turned on.

    9) "Open links from other applications in:" is set to "a new tab in the most
    recent window".

    10) "Hide the tab bar when only one web site is open" is turned off.

    11) Print button is added to the Navigation Toolbar.

    12) A few handy BOOKMARKS have been added.

    13) Amazon & Creative Commons removed from drop down search list.

    14) Macromedia Flash Player 7 installed.

    15) "Copy Plain Text 0.2.1" by Jeremy Gillick installed. Now you can copy
    text without using the format the web page used. Highlight the text you want
    to copy, right-click on it, and select COPY AS PLAIN TEXT.

    16) "DictionarySearch 0.7" by Jaap Haitsma installed. Highlight a word you
    don't know, right-click once on it, and select "Dictionary Search for ..."
    to find its definition.

    17) "fireFTP 0.86.1" by Mime Cuvalo installed. This adds an excellent FTP
    client to Firefox.

    18) "FLST 0.8.1" by Daniel Lindkvist installed. FLST stands for "Focus Last
    Selected Tab". If you have 3 tabs open and you were using tab #1 last and
    close tab #3, the focused tab will be tab #1 instead of tab #2.

    19) "Image Zoom 0.1.7" by Jason Adams installed. Right-click once on an
    image then select "Zoom Image" to make images bigger or smaller.

    20) "OpenBook 1.2.0" by chuonthis installed & configured. Now adding a
    website to your BOOKMARKS is much easier.

    21) "Popup Count 0.2.6" by Pike installed. Pike says it, "Counts the number
    of blocked popups on each webpage, displaying the number in the statusbar.
    Additionally the all-time total number of blocked popups is displayed in
    either a tooltip or the statusbar."

    22) "Sort Bookmarks 0.6.0" by Torisugari installed. Click on BOOKMARKS >
    SORT BY NAME to sort BOOKMARKS alphabetically.

    23) "SpellBound 0.7.1" by Robert Strong installed using the following
    files...

    - spellbound-0.7.1.xpi
    - en_us.xpi
    - spellbound-lib-win32-0.7.0.xpi

    The Spell Checker will check the spelling of any text entered into any text
    box. Simply right-click once in any text box and then left-click on "Check
    Spelling".

    Other dictionaries can be downloaded from...

    http://dictionaries.mozdev.org/installation.html

    24) "Tabbrowser Preferences 1.1.1" by Bradley Chapman installed & configured
    to allow proper tabbed browsing.

    25) "TinyUrl Creator 0.7.1" by Jeremy Gillick installed & configured. Have
    you ever e-mailed an extremely long URL to a friend only to see that the
    link has been broken due to e-mail formatting? Click on TOOLS > TINYURL
    CREATOR to shorten those long URLs up so they work!

    26) "Translate 0.6.0.6" by Paul Grave installed. You can translate web pages
    in foreign languages to English with this handy extension. Click on TOOLS >
    TRANSLATE and select the foreign language you want translated into English.

    ENJOY!
    Norvin
    Norvin Adams III, Dec 24, 2004

  2. Norvin Adams III wrote:
    > http://getit.at/norvinsfiles
    >
    > My CUSTOM version of Mozilla Firefox is meant for users who are making the
    > switch from Microsoft Internet Explorer (MSIE). It has enhancements that the
    > default release versions of Mozilla Firefox & MSIE don't have. Many thanks
    > go out to the authors of these extensions I used for my CUSTOM version of
    > Mozilla Firefox.
    >
    > DIFFERENCES FROM DEFAULT MOZILLA FIREFOX INSTALLATION

    Looking good, but you forgot the most important extension: Adblock! :)

    Happy Christmas to all!

    --
    Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

    My sites:
    Solitaire MahJongg: http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/
    Chinese Checkers: http://home.no.net/vkp/
    Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire: http://home.halden.net/vkp/
    Freeware Logo: http://home.no/buffy2/
    My fishy site (fishing games): http://home.no/vkp32/
    Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb: http://www.fredrikshald-havfiske.no
    Vegard Krog Petersen, Dec 24, 2004

  3. Norvin Adams III

    jo Guest

    Vegard Krog Petersen wrote:

    >Looking good, but you forgot the most important extension: Adblock! :)

    I thought the PrefBar was the most important...

    Also missing :)
    jo, Dec 24, 2004
  4. Vegard Krog Petersen wrote:
    > Norvin Adams III wrote:
    >
    >> http://getit.at/norvinsfiles
    >>
    >> My CUSTOM version of Mozilla Firefox is meant for users who are making
    >> the
    >> switch from Microsoft Internet Explorer (MSIE). It has enhancements
    >> that the
    >> default release versions of Mozilla Firefox & MSIE don't have. Many
    >> thanks
    >> go out to the authors of these extensions I used for my CUSTOM version of
    >> Mozilla Firefox.
    >>
    >> DIFFERENCES FROM DEFAULT MOZILLA FIREFOX INSTALLATION

    > Looking good, but you forgot the most important extension: Adblock! :)
    >
    > Happy Christmas to all!

    Absolutely.....Adblock is the only extension I have found worth keeping.
    Paul Urquhart, Dec 24, 2004
  5. /3iff //ullins, Dec 24, 2004
  6. Norvin Adams III

    Fran Guest

    Is there anything similar for users switching from Maxthon?

    Fran, Dec 24, 2004
  7. Norvin Adams III

    Aaron Guest

    "Fran" <> wrote in news:cqhnh5$ol3$:

    > Is there anything similar for users switching from Maxthon?

    I dont think so, though I was thinking of making one.
    Aaron, Dec 24, 2004
  8. Norvin Adams III

    Jock Strap Guest

    Paul Urquhart wrote:

    > Adblock is the only extension I have found worth keeping.

    You need to look harder. :) These extensions are must-haves, IMO:

    AdBlock -- Remove ads from web pages (as you already know).
    BugMeNot -- To view web pages that try to force registration first.
    IEview -- Opens current page in Internet Explorer (if you need to).
    UndoCloseTab -- Reopens a tab if you accidentally closed it. Very handy!
    Linkification -- Turns plain text links into clickable hyperlinks. Some
    examples:
    http://www.beggarchooser.com/firefox/testcases.txt
    Why copy-and-paste those links when you can just click
    them?

    I don't have any other ones installed... these are about all I really need.
    Jock Strap, Dec 25, 2004
  9. Norvin Adams III

    Duddits Guest

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 08:43:50 -0500, Paul Urquhart <> wrote:

    >Absolutely.....Adblock is the only extension I have found worth keeping.

    IMNSHO there are a few more worthy extensions:

    Add Bookmark Here 0.5.3
    Context Search 0.2
    Copy Plain Text 0.2.1
    Download Statusbar 0.9.1
    fireFTP 0.86.1
    FoxyTunes 1.0
    Gmail Notifier 0.4
    Linkification 0.9.19
    Mouse Gestures 1.0
    Paste and Go 0.4.1
    Send To 0.3
    Super DragAndGo 0.2.4
    Tabbrowser Extensions 1.12.2004121803
    TinyUrl Creator 0.7.1
    Translate 0.6.0.6

    regards

    Dud
    --

    Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
    Duddits, Dec 25, 2004
  10. Most of those are in Norvin's version.

    BTJustice

    Buford T. Justice, Dec 26, 2004
  11. Norvin Adams III

    Duddits Guest

    On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 16:41:08 -0600, "Buford T. Justice" <???@msn.com>
    wrote:

    >snip top post and reformat
    >
    >"Duddits" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 08:43:50 -0500, Paul Urquhart <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Absolutely.....Adblock is the only extension I have found worth keeping.

    >> IMNSHO there are a few more worthy extensions:
    >>
    >> Add Bookmark Here 0.5.3
    >> Context Search 0.2
    >> Copy Plain Text 0.2.1
    >> Download Statusbar 0.9.1
    >> fireFTP 0.86.1
    >> FoxyTunes 1.0
    >> Gmail Notifier 0.4
    >> Linkification 0.9.19
    >> Mouse Gestures 1.0
    >> Paste and Go 0.4.1
    >> Send To 0.3
    >> Super DragAndGo 0.2.4
    >> Tabbrowser Extensions 1.12.2004121803
    >> TinyUrl Creator 0.7.1
    >> Translate 0.6.0.6
    >>

    >snip properly formated sig

    >paste top post

    >Most of those are in Norvin's version.
    >
    >BTJustice

    5 of 15

    regards

    Dud
    --

    Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
    Duddits, Dec 27, 2004
  12. Something stopping you from getting the rest?

    BTJustice

    Buford T. Justice, Jan 4, 2005
  13. Norvin Adams III

    Duddits Guest

    On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:14:13 -0600, "Buford T. Justice" <???@msn.com> wrote:

    >Something stopping you from getting the rest?
    >
    >BTJustice

    Nope. You said most when in fact it is less than 1/2.

    --

    Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
    Duddits, Jan 4, 2005