    Norton has totally re-written Ghost with a product called Norton Save &
    Restore but still hasn't made it either Vista or 64-bit compatible. Typical
    for them.
    John Barnes, Jan 1, 2007

  2. John Barnes

    RR Guest

    John Barnes wrote:
    > Norton has totally re-written Ghost with a product called Norton Save &
    > Restore but still hasn't made it either Vista or 64-bit compatible.
    > Typical for them.

    yep, typical. Oh but they have made some new software called 360.
    Software to solve all your problems. With tech support so incredibily
    bad, I doubt they will ever have the time for any meaningful software.

    They do actually do have or did have an antivirus 64 bit version. It is
    called Symantec not Norton.

    From what I have read, the cooperate and enterprise editions will do XP
    and Vista 64. Pricing was not listed. Seems you have to call Sales but
    they don't seem to be working new years day. If the government gets off
    hey so does Symantec...

    http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/products/sysreq.jsp?pcid=is&pvid=nav2007beta

    http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/products/sysreq.jsp?pcid=1322&pvid=804_1

    http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/products/sysreq.jsp?pcid=1322&pvid=805_1
    RR, Jan 1, 2007

  3. John Barnes

    RR Guest

    John Barnes wrote:
    > Norton has totally re-written Ghost with a product called Norton Save &
    > Restore but still hasn't made it either Vista or 64-bit compatible.
    > Typical for them.

    All my other progrgams work on 64 bit. But nooooooo not NAV. Quite
    pathetic if ya ask me. It must be a marketing ploy that or they have too
    many neanderthal indians employed.
    RR, Jan 1, 2007
  4. John Barnes

    RR Guest

    John Barnes wrote:
    > Norton has totally re-written Ghost with a product called Norton Save &
    > Restore but still hasn't made it either Vista or 64-bit compatible.
    > Typical for them.

    Thats ok, no sweat. I have found AVG by Grisoft.com that works on 64bit
    platforms no problem ....
    RR, Jan 1, 2007
  5. Norton cut off my NAV 1 year sub after 6 months because "You have reloaded
    the operating system too often" . This was whilst beta testing Vista! They
    are robbers.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3BpcmVmbQ==?=, Jan 21, 2007