    not select the protect email function. Any ideas how I can so this and how I
    can get the 2005 upgrade without paying again (Norton will not answer my
    emails on their HELPLINE)
    Warren Davies, Apr 17, 2005

  2. Warren Davies

    MrGrumpy Guest

    It usually takes Symantec about 2 working days to respond, you should
    however have received an automatic acknowledgement. If you did'nt, your
    request hasnt gone through.
    I assume you went through www.symantec.com for your support.
    Problems with Norton usually require an uninstall of both the product and
    Liveupdate, using Add/Remove dialogue. Difficult problems may also require
    you to completely uninstall, you will have to go to web site for details on
    this.
    As for missing upgrade, does this mean you lost the Disk, or it was a
    download update and you've lost the email receipt/confirmation? or what. If
    you've lost the disk its probably down to you, allthough perhaps Norton
    supply replacement media. You'll have to search Norton site for details.
    BTW Usually a Norton Upgrade does'nt require the earlier product to be
    installed, at least so I've found in the past.

    "Warren Davies" <> wrote in message
    > I suddenly had a message telling me to uninstall and reinstall Norton due

    > an error. I was running NAV2005, but only had the disc for 2004, which I
    > eventually reinstalled (Norton's helpline was useless) Now it will not let
    > me enable autoprotect (I select it , then NAV unselects again) also it

    will

    MrGrumpy, Apr 17, 2005

  3. Warren Davies

    Guest Guest

    >I suddenly had a message telling me to uninstall and reinstall Norton
    >due to an error. I was running NAV2005, but only had the disc for 2004,
    >which I eventually reinstalled (Norton's helpline was useless) Now it
    >will not let me enable autoprotect (I select it , then NAV unselects
    >again) also it will not select the protect email function. Any ideas
    >how I can so this and how I can get the 2005 upgrade without paying
    >again (Norton will not answer my emails on their HELPLINE)

    Presumably you downloaded the upgrade from Symantec. You also got an
    e-mail probably giving you some info, like your order number, that you
    would use to re-download the software. Otherwise, search Symantec's
    knowledgebase for "rnis" (for Remove Norton Internet Security) and
    "rnav" (for Remove Norton Anti-Virus) depending on which you have
    installed. These are used to remove any remnants of those products *IF*
    the uninstall is not available or doesn't complete when using the entry
    in Add/Remove Program (you already did try uninstalling, right?). Then
    install the 2004 version.

    Write to Symantec using their web form to get info on how to re-download
    the upgrade software from them if you lost your copy of the e-mail (and
    next time export a copy of that e-mail to the folder where you save the
    download and print out a copy to put into your files). Symantec DOES
    answer tech questions submitted via their web form but it can 2 or 3
    business days. Or call them.

    ** Post your replies to the newsgroup - Share with others **
    For e-mail Reply: remove "DELETE", add "~VN56~" to Subject.
    Guest, Apr 17, 2005