    loosing them.

    Does anybody have any similar experience with Norton doing this suddenly? I
    have got Norton 2003 installed with all relevant updates in place.
    Calum, Jan 25, 2005

  2. Calum

    Smoker~ Guest

    "Calum" <> wrote in message
    news:ct5q1j$4io$...
    > Hello
    > Has anybody else had a similar experience with Norton? Everything was fine
    > with my norton installation, everythign was fine, and I had a very secure
    > feeling whenever using my computer, until yesterday! Yesterday that
    > relationship changed. Every single email that I was receiving had been

    wiped
    > of all textual content, even emails without attachments were comlpetely
    > wiped. I had no idea of knowing where Norton kept them, so I ended up
    > loosing them.
    >
    > Does anybody have any similar experience with Norton doing this suddenly?

    > have got Norton 2003 installed with all relevant updates in place.

    People have problems with any version of Norton anything all the time.
    Usually not as severe as what's happened to you, but get rid of Norton and
    never use it again. Can you search your system looking for various
    extensions using a wildcard like *.dbx which should be your folders and you
    can learn where they are, unless Norton did a number on that too.
    Smoker~, Jan 25, 2005

  3. "Smoker~" <> wrote in message

    > "Calum" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello
    >> Has anybody else had a similar experience with Norton? Everything was
    >> fine
    >> with my norton installation, everythign was fine, and I had a very secure
    >> feeling whenever using my computer, until yesterday! Yesterday that
    >> relationship changed. Every single email that I was receiving had been

    > wiped
    >> of all textual content, even emails without attachments were comlpetely
    >> wiped. I had no idea of knowing where Norton kept them, so I ended up
    >> loosing them.
    >>
    >> Does anybody have any similar experience with Norton doing this suddenly?

    >> have got Norton 2003 installed with all relevant updates in place.
    >>

    > People have problems with any version of Norton anything all the time.
    > Usually not as severe as what's happened to you, but get rid of Norton and
    > never use it again. Can you search your system looking for various
    > extensions using a wildcard like *.dbx which should be your folders and
    > you
    > can learn where they are, unless Norton did a number on that too.

    Use AVG7 - it's free and works just fine. (even auto updates with new
    version)
    **SS**
    Secret Squiddle, Jan 25, 2005
  4. Calum

    Conor Guest

    In article <ct5q1j$4io$>, Calum says...
    > Hello
    > Has anybody else had a similar experience with Norton? Everything was fine
    > with my norton installation, everythign was fine, and I had a very secure
    > feeling whenever using my computer, until yesterday! Yesterday that
    > relationship changed. Every single email that I was receiving had been wiped
    > of all textual content, even emails without attachments were comlpetely
    > wiped. I had no idea of knowing where Norton kept them, so I ended up
    > loosing them.
    >
    > Does anybody have any similar experience with Norton doing this suddenly? I
    > have got Norton 2003 installed with all relevant updates in place.

    Norton is utter shit. It sets up a mail server on your PC and
    configures your e-mail client to access that. Nortons e-mail server
    then goes and gets the emails from your ISP, scans them and lets your
    e-mail proggy then get them off it.

    --
    Conor

    -- George Patton
    Conor, Jan 25, 2005
  5. Calum

    maurice Guest

    Are you using OE?. How do you know that Norton is at fault?

    Do a search for Message Store, you may have more than one. If your message
    store got moved, for whatever reason go into Tools/Options/Maintenance and
    click on the Store Folder button to see where it points now.

    --
    Maurice <>
    South Bucks.. UK

    maurice, Jan 26, 2005
  6. Calum

    Calum Guest

    "maurice" <> wrote in message
    > Are you using OE?. How do you know that Norton is at fault?

    Ok well I know that it was Nortan that did it because it had the "semantic
    removed something or other" message in place of where the text should be.

    It actually said that it had filtered/removed the text and had some semantic
    stamped standard message on the emails that should have been text only. They
    did not even have attachments, and it was not happening to selected mail it
    was a blanket attack...

    Calum, Jan 26, 2005
  7. On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:20:38 -0000, "Calum" <>
    wrote:

    >It actually said that it had filtered/removed the text and had some semantic
    >stamped standard message on the emails that should have been text only. They
    >did not even have attachments, and it was not happening to selected mail it
    >was a blanket attack...

    NORTON ATTACKS BLANKET OVER INTERNET! Pictures at eleven.

    Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

    Swill

    --
    If you find a message from myself offensive, inappropriate or
    disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore
    Governor Swill, Jan 27, 2005