    can disable the virus protection.

    Should I be alarmed? Or is this some kind of quirk of Norton 2004 virus
    protection?
    Peter Maurice Cram, Sep 11, 2004

  2. Peter Maurice Cram

    Robert Baer Guest

    Peter Maurice Cram wrote:

    > Just recently I have noticed that my Norton 2004 virus program suddenly
    > disables itself. What would cause this? I have Windows XP Service Pack 2
    > installed. Would the windows firewall be shutting down my NV protection? Or
    > could it be possible that I have a hidden virus on my computer that Norton
    > hasn't found?
    >
    > I browse the internet, read email, and newsgroups alot, so I'm very
    > concerned when I noticed that my virus protection is disabled.
    >
    > I'm the only one that uses this computer, so there is no way that anyone
    > can disable the virus protection.
    >
    > Should I be alarmed? Or is this some kind of quirk of Norton 2004 virus
    > protection?

    When it is shut down, there ain't no protection.
    Perhaps the virus that did the dirt is SP2...
    Robert Baer, Sep 12, 2004

  3. Peter Maurice Cram

    WebWalker Guest

    I came across some virus (such as Sobig virus) capable to disable your
    antivirus from Windows' startup.

    Try to boot to safe mode and run NAV and do a full virus scan to you
    HD(s).

    p/s make sure you are having the updated/latest virus data file.

    --
    WebWalker
    WebWalker, Sep 12, 2004