    has detected and removed the Backdoor.Trojan virus from my computer. That's
    great ! But why does the same virus alert pop-up every 5 minutes ?
    Thanks

    LRESA500, Aug 15, 2004

  2. LRESA500

    Kenny Guest

    Are you sure Norton's not simply telling you that it has blocked an attempt
    to get access to your PC using this trojan? I see this fairly regularly,
    the most recent being repeated attempts from a trojan called "The Thing".

    --

    Kenny

    "LRESA500" <> wrote in message
    > While on the web I am receiving a pop-up message from Norton Anti-Virus

    that it

    Kenny, Aug 15, 2004

  3. LRESA500

    Thor Guest

    "LRESA500" <> wrote in message
    > While on the web I am receiving a pop-up message from Norton Anti-Virus

    that it
    > has detected and removed the Backdoor.Trojan virus from my computer.

    That's
    > great ! But why does the same virus alert pop-up every 5 minutes ?
    > Thanks

    You likely have spyware. Norton is removing the payload, but the spyware
    keeps re-installing it.

    Thor, Aug 15, 2004
  4. I am getting a similar message. Reason is that the virus is in a system
    restore file that is unaccessible by the user but visible to the anti virus
    program. If you're on Win XP the same could happen to you. Alternatively the
    infected file is in the Recycle bin OR the 'Recycler' file, again
    inaccessible.

    "LRESA500" <> wrote in message
    > While on the web I am receiving a pop-up message from Norton Anti-Virus
    > that it
    > has detected and removed the Backdoor.Trojan virus from my computer.
    > That's
    > great ! But why does the same virus alert pop-up every 5 minutes ?
    > Thanks

    ---

    John Rampling, Aug 15, 2004