Norton Utilities?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by anOLDun, Sep 18, 2003.

  1. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Hi.....

    My OS= WinMe..........

    I am trying to "open" the various options within Nortons Utilities 2003.

    When i originaly installed it i opted for "automatic" scanning etc.

    But i had a "feeling" it wasn't doing this so i un-installed it and re
    installed it so that i could MANUALY select which option to run .i.e WinDoc
    etc etc.

    When using a previous version of Norton Utilities if i selected the Windoc
    option a window appeared and it showed each folder being scanned and at the
    end of this checking proceedure it would show how many errors had been found
    whether they were low medium or high risk etc etc. Then i would have the
    option to have them "auto" repaired......

    I am trying to do this with this new version of Nortons. But i cannot get
    the "window" to open - in point of fact i can't get ANY of the options to
    open.

    At start up a nortons window is loaded = Nortons System Doctor. I can run
    Windoc from here - BUT it does the checks and just says " errors found" but
    i can't get to see what these errors are.

    Any ideas on how i can get these more detailed Nortons window to open up?.
    I have tried manually selecting the Norton windoc icon ( as well as all the
    other options) in "explorer" the cursor arrow briefly turns into the
    eggtimer then back to the arrow but no window opens.

    Thanks

    anOLDun, Sep 18, 2003

  2. anOLDun

    °Mike° Guest

    Uninstall Norton, clean up your registry, then reinstall. Use Jv16
    Power tools to clean your registry - see my sig.

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:17:47 +0100, in
    <bkck7r$nj8$>
    anOLDun scrawled:

    <snip>

    >Any ideas on how i can get these more detailed Nortons window to open up?.
    >I have tried manually selecting the Norton windoc icon ( as well as all the
    >other options) in "explorer" the cursor arrow briefly turns into the
    >eggtimer then back to the arrow but no window opens.
    >
    >Thanks

    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 18, 2003

  3. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Hi Mike

    Many thanks for the reply and for the link.

    me thinks i have a "serious" prob with my PC. Opend up the web page and
    clicked on the link to DL the programme and............ PC crashed tried it
    three times and each time KA_PUT pc crashes again.

    Installed IE v 6 in the mistaken hope that it might "correct" the reg
    fault - but it turns out it was just wishful thinking on my part.

    Gonna try DL the software from CNET - fingers crossed

    Regards

    anOLDun, Sep 20, 2003
  4. anOLDun

    °Mike° Guest