    is on a local network. As I have a stand alone machine I'm guessing that
    something is interfering with it but i'm new to the program and can't figure
    out what could be irritating it. Does this sound familliar to anyone?
    Phil, Feb 19, 2005

  2. In article <>, on Fri, 18 Feb 2005 23:17:47 -0800, "Phil"

    <http://www.comptechdoc.org/independent/networking/guide/netbroadcasting.html>

    --
    DavidPostill
    David Postill, Feb 19, 2005

  3. Phil

    donnie Guest

    wrote:

    >Norton Internet Security has recently taken to warning me of a possible
    >intrusion from IP 255.255.255.255. When I follow this up it tells me that it
    >is on a local network. As I have a stand alone machine I'm guessing that
    >something is interfering with it but i'm new to the program and can't figure
    >out what could be irritating it. Does this sound familliar to anyone?

    ########################
    That doesn't sound familiar. What does sound familiar is once again
    Norton is causing trouble. I avoid Norton and any other symantec
    product as much as possible.
    donnie.
    donnie, Feb 20, 2005
  4. Phil wrote:

    > Norton Internet Security has recently taken to warning me of a possible
    > intrusion from IP 255.255.255.255. When I follow this up it tells me that
    > it is on a local network. As I have a stand alone machine I'm guessing
    > that something is interfering with it but i'm new to the program and can't
    > figure out what could be irritating it. Does this sound familliar to
    > anyone?

    That is the "All IP networks broadcast"...and should NOT be forwarded by you
    ISPs routers. However, if you are on a cable modem it could be coming from
    someone on your subnet....

    Michael
    Michael J. Pelletier, Feb 20, 2005