    uninstall NAV since it is part of Systemworks.

    Anyone have any recommendations for a replacement for Systemworks?

    TIA

    Neil Touchet, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Neil Touchet

    Kráftéé Guest

    Neil Touchet wrote:
    > I want to switch to a smaller and cheaper AntiVirus program.
    >
    > After corresponding with the techies at Symantec, I learned that I
    > cannot uninstall NAV since it is part of Systemworks.
    >
    > Anyone have any recommendations for a replacement for Systemworks?
    >
    > TIA

    You can remove NAV & leave the rest of the product installed...

    Insert your disc & allow it to auto start then chose install & you
    will be presented with a menu which includes modify & there you go....

    --
    B-)
    Don't practice safe hex,

    Kráftéé, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Neil Touchet

    Neil Touchet Guest

    Not so fast!

    I just spoke with the folks at Symantec.

    REINSTALLING NSW is not the same as UNINSTALLING NAV. If you reinstall NSW,
    NAV will remain on your system. And I mean all over your system.

    As I said in my original post, NAV cannot be removed from NSW.

    Neil Touchet, Nov 17, 2003
  4. On 17 Nov 2003, Neil Touchet wrote

    > Not so fast!
    >
    > I just spoke with the folks at Symantec.
    >
    > REINSTALLING NSW is not the same as UNINSTALLING NAV. If you
    > reinstall NSW, NAV will remain on your system. And I mean all over
    > your system.
    >
    > As I said in my original post, NAV cannot be removed from NSW.

    Can you not (a) uninstall the *whole* of NSW, including NAV; then (b)
    install NSW -- on a system that has neither that nor NAV; but (c)
    choose not to install NAV.

    (Or are you saying that NAV is uninstallable, even if you remove NSW
    from the system?)

    --
    Cheers,
    Harvey