    down version? (Can't find this information on the Sysmantec site)

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jul 6, 2005

  2. In article <1qzzczzoalv69$.1m0moxio2074$>,
    lid says...
    > Is anyone using Norton SystemWorks 2005? If so, could you tell me if
    > the Norton GoBack programme that comes on the disk is the full, or cut
    > down version? (Can't find this information on the Sysmantec site)
    >
    > Regards,
    > John.

    I am using it, but haven't installed GoBack. It isn't my impression that
    *any* of the programs in this suite are cut back versions. Oh, I should
    add that I have the 'Premier' version.

    However, I did make the mistake of buying it on Trademe - it may be an
    original disk out of an oem box, but it came without the boot disk you
    need for a system recover with Ghost 9. A real pisser. Fortunately Ghost
    2003 is also on the disk and that one has a tool for making a recovery
    boot disk ... so, be careful where you buy.

    cheers, -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Jul 6, 2005

  3. John

    John Guest

    On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 03:26:29 +1200, Peter Huebner wrote:

    > In article <1qzzczzoalv69$.1m0moxio2074$>,
    > lid says...
    >> Is anyone using Norton SystemWorks 2005? If so, could you tell me if
    >> the Norton GoBack programme that comes on the disk is the full, or cut
    >> down version? (Can't find this information on the Sysmantec site)
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> John.

    > I am using it, but haven't installed GoBack. It isn't my impression that
    > *any* of the programs in this suite are cut back versions. Oh, I should
    > add that I have the 'Premier' version.
    >
    > However, I did make the mistake of buying it on Trademe - it may be an
    > original disk out of an oem box, but it came without the boot disk you
    > need for a system recover with Ghost 9. A real pisser. Fortunately Ghost
    > 2003 is also on the disk and that one has a tool for making a recovery
    > boot disk ... so, be careful where you buy.

    I use TrueImage for image files so the lack of a Ghost boot disk isn't
    a major problem for me (I intend to buy from TradeMe).
    I'm using GoBack version 3 at the moment and thought that I might
    upgrade to version 4, but the retail version of Norton GoBack v4 is
    dearer than SystemWorks 2005 (purchased from Trademe) thence my
    question re GoBack full version on the CD.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jul 7, 2005
  4. John

    Brendan Guest

    On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 11:50:05 +1200, John wrote:

    > On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 03:26:29 +1200, Peter Huebner wrote:
    >
    >> In article <1qzzczzoalv69$.1m0moxio2074$>,
    >> lid says...
    >>> Is anyone using Norton SystemWorks 2005? If so, could you tell me if
    >>> the Norton GoBack programme that comes on the disk is the full, or cut
    >>> down version? (Can't find this information on the Sysmantec site)
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>> John.

    >> I am using it, but haven't installed GoBack. It isn't my impression that
    >> *any* of the programs in this suite are cut back versions. Oh, I should
    >> add that I have the 'Premier' version.
    >>
    >> However, I did make the mistake of buying it on Trademe - it may be an
    >> original disk out of an oem box, but it came without the boot disk you
    >> need for a system recover with Ghost 9. A real pisser. Fortunately Ghost
    >> 2003 is also on the disk and that one has a tool for making a recovery
    >> boot disk ... so, be careful where you buy.

    > I use TrueImage for image files so the lack of a Ghost boot disk isn't
    > a major problem for me (I intend to buy from TradeMe).
    > I'm using GoBack version 3 at the moment and thought that I might
    > upgrade to version 4, but the retail version of Norton GoBack v4 is
    > dearer than SystemWorks 2005 (purchased from Trademe) thence my
    > question re GoBack full version on the CD.
    >
    > Regards,
    > John.

    May be an ignorant question, but what are the key benefits to goback ?

    --

    .... Brendan

    #99835 +(8800)- [X]

    <Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks?
    <TheXPhial> vaccuums
    <Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks in a metaphorical sense?
    <TheXPhial> black holes
    <Guo_Si> Hey, you know what just isn't cool?
    <TheXPhial> lava?

    Note: All my comments are copyright 7/07/2005 10:28:34 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Jul 7, 2005
  5. John

    John Guest

    On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 23:50:30 +-1200, Brendan wrote:

    > On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 11:50:05 +-1200, John wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 03:26:29 +-1200, Peter Huebner wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article <1qzzczzoalv69$.1m0moxio2074$>,
    >>> lid says...

    >>> I am using it, but haven't installed GoBack. It isn't my impression that
    >>> *any* of the programs in this suite are cut back versions. Oh, I should
    >>> add that I have the 'Premier' version.
    >>>
    >>> However, I did make the mistake of buying it on Trademe - it may be an
    >>> original disk out of an oem box, but it came without the boot disk you
    >>> need for a system recover with Ghost 9. A real pisser. Fortunately Ghost
    >>> 2003 is also on the disk and that one has a tool for making a recovery
    >>> boot disk ... so, be careful where you buy.

    >> I use TrueImage for image files so the lack of a Ghost boot disk isn't
    >> a major problem for me (I intend to buy from TradeMe).
    >> I'm using GoBack version 3 at the moment and thought that I might
    >> upgrade to version 4, but the retail version of Norton GoBack v4 is
    >> dearer than SystemWorks 2005 (purchased from Trademe) thence my
    >> question re GoBack full version on the CD.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> John.

    > May be an ignorant question, but what are the key benefits to goback ?

    This is from Symantec:

    (Symantec+IBk-s Norton GoBack+ISI- 4.0 allows you to easily undo PC problems.
    Restore your PC to a healthy state by going back minutes, hours, or
    even days (depending on available disk space). Also use Norton GoBack
    to restore files that have been deleted or modified, and to try new
    software safely).

    This from me:
    I've been using GoBack for years even before "Roxio" purchased it
    (from memory I think the original GoBack was NZ software).
    I download and install a lot of software. Have a little play around
    and if I don't like, or want what I've just installed it only takes a
    couple of minutes to go back to the state before I installed the
    software.
    I also tend to delete without using the recycle bin and consequently
    find that I need the file that I've just deleted, GoBack is great for
    doing this.
    Over written documents can be found and replaced, another thing I tend
    to do on a regular basis (overwrite documents).

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jul 7, 2005
  6. John

    Tony Guest

    On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 23:50:30 +1200, Brendan <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 11:50:05 +1200, John wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 03:26:29 +1200, Peter Huebner wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article <1qzzczzoalv69$.1m0moxio2074$>,
    >>> lid says...

    >>> I am using it, but haven't installed GoBack. It isn't my impression that
    >>> *any* of the programs in this suite are cut back versions. Oh, I should
    >>> add that I have the 'Premier' version.
    >>>
    >>> However, I did make the mistake of buying it on Trademe - it may be an
    >>> original disk out of an oem box, but it came without the boot disk you
    >>> need for a system recover with Ghost 9. A real pisser. Fortunately Ghost
    >>> 2003 is also on the disk and that one has a tool for making a recovery
    >>> boot disk ... so, be careful where you buy.

    >> I use TrueImage for image files so the lack of a Ghost boot disk isn't
    >> a major problem for me (I intend to buy from TradeMe).
    >> I'm using GoBack version 3 at the moment and thought that I might
    >> upgrade to version 4, but the retail version of Norton GoBack v4 is
    >> dearer than SystemWorks 2005 (purchased from Trademe) thence my
    >> question re GoBack full version on the CD.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> John.

    >May be an ignorant question, but what are the key benefits to goback ?

    Nothing as XP already has it, (system restore) but I have read stacks of
    reports that its very buggy.

    Tony, Jul 8, 2005
  7. John

    John Guest

    On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:49:33 +1200, Tony wrote:

    > On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 23:50:30 +1200, Brendan <> wrote:

    >>> I use TrueImage for image files so the lack of a Ghost boot disk isn't
    >>> a major problem for me (I intend to buy from TradeMe).
    >>> I'm using GoBack version 3 at the moment and thought that I might
    >>> upgrade to version 4, but the retail version of Norton GoBack v4 is
    >>> dearer than SystemWorks 2005 (purchased from Trademe) thence my
    >>> question re GoBack full version on the CD.
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>> John.

    >>May be an ignorant question, but what are the key benefits to goback ?

    > Nothing as XP already has it, (system restore) but I have read stacks of
    > reports that its very buggy.

    I rest my case:)

    Regards,
    John

    John, Jul 8, 2005
  8. John

    Brendan Guest

    On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 03:15:29 +1200, John wrote:

    > This is from Symantec:
    >
    > (Symantec¬Ęs Norton GoBack? 4.0 allows you to easily undo PC problems.
    > Restore your PC to a healthy state by going back minutes, hours, or
    > even days (depending on available disk space). Also use Norton GoBack
    > to restore files that have been deleted or modified, and to try new
    > software safely).
    >
    > This from me:
    > I've been using GoBack for years even before "Roxio" purchased it
    > (from memory I think the original GoBack was NZ software).
    > I download and install a lot of software. Have a little play around
    > and if I don't like, or want what I've just installed it only takes a
    > couple of minutes to go back to the state before I installed the
    > software.
    > I also tend to delete without using the recycle bin and consequently
    > find that I need the file that I've just deleted, GoBack is great for
    > doing this.
    > Over written documents can be found and replaced, another thing I tend
    > to do on a regular basis (overwrite documents).

    Thanks, might have a look myself!

    --

    .... Brendan

    #120296 +(4404)- [X]

    <link>once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary,
    over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore'. While i
    clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart
    was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not
    possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the
    server, 404.
    <hokage> *cries*, scary....

    Note: All my comments are copyright 8/07/2005 5:55:24 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Jul 8, 2005
  9. John

    Tony Guest

    On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 17:11:34 +1200, John <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:49:33 +1200, Tony wrote:

    >>>May be an ignorant question, but what are the key benefits to goback ?

    >> Nothing as XP already has it, (system restore) but I have read stacks of
    >> reports that its very buggy.

    >I rest my case:)
    >
    >Regards,
    >John

    NO it was Goback that is very buggy. and causes more problems that its
    worth.

    System Restore does work, but I find that if you know what you are doing you
    do not need it..

    Tony, Jul 8, 2005