    has about 300MB of free space left.

    How do I change the Norton setting so that is uses the big "D" drive
    for all of it's temporary work?
    John Breckinridge, Jul 23, 2005

  2. John Breckinridge wrote:
    > I have a "C" drive on my computer that is about 4GB
    >
    > I have a "D" drive that is about 27GB
    >
    > When I run NSW it scans the "C" drive just fine and comes to a good
    > end.
    >
    > However when I run a virus scan on the "D" drive it logs about 300,00
    > files and then it bombs out.
    >
    > I believe it is creating temporary files on my "C" drive which only
    > has about 300MB of free space left.
    >
    > How do I change the Norton setting so that is uses the big "D" drive
    > for all of it's temporary work?

    Uninstall Norton. Make sure to remove anything Symantec or Norton
    related in add/remove software. Make double-damn sure to delete all of
    Norton's quarantined files. Install a decent antivirus such as
    Kaspersky. Use the computer in a normal way and write back if you're
    still having problems.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 24, 2005

  3. John Breckinridge

    Guest

    John Breckinridge <> wrote:

    |>I have a "C" drive on my computer that is about 4GB
    |>
    |>I have a "D" drive that is about 27GB
    |>
    |>When I run NSW it scans the "C" drive just fine and comes to a good
    |>end.
    |>
    |>However when I run a virus scan on the "D" drive it logs about 300,00
    |>files and then it bombs out.
    |>
    |>I believe it is creating temporary files on my "C" drive which only
    |>has about 300MB of free space left.

    |>How do I change the Norton setting so that is uses the big "D" drive
    |>for all of it's temporary work?

    Any NT (XP) OS you can change your TEMP directory, mine is C:\TEMP,
    you can create a TEMP directory on D: drive then
    Right click on "my computer", properties, advanced, Environment
    Variables - Double click on Temp and TMP and change their location to
    D:\TEMP (Win98 you would change this in the c:\autoexec.bat file.)

    Not only will Norton now use this as it's work directory, it makes it
    much easier to delete all your temp files.
    --
    old-time description that you don't really understand
    http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=1583297
  4. Thank you madam. You're the wisest person I've seen online in quite a
    century.

    Are you a financial expert?

    John Breckinridge, Jul 24, 2005
  5. John Breckinridge

    Guest

    , Jul 24, 2005
  6. wrote:
    > John Breckinridge <> wrote:

    >|>Thank you madam. You're the wisest person I've seen online in quite a
    >|>century.
    >|>
    >|>Are you a financial expert?

    > Na, just some clown.

    Like, just behaviorally; or do you actually have some of those huge
    shoes?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 24, 2005
  7. John Breckinridge

    Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    |> wrote:

    |>> Na, just some clown.

    |>Like, just behaviorally; or do you actually have some of those huge
    |>shoes?

    Behavior, shoes, nose, makeup, it's a package deal.
  8. wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >|>Like, just behaviorally; or do you actually have some of those huge
    >|>shoes?

    > Behavior, shoes, nose, makeup, it's a package deal.

    No pretender, you!

    When I first got into TV production, back in the 1970s, I was working
    at a local TV station, and sometimes I had to shoot the "Bozo The
    Clown" kiddie show. Everyone hated doing it. Everyone hated the local
    Bozo The Clown.[1]

    [1]The original Bozo set up a franchise operation for the character.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 24, 2005
  9. John Breckinridge

    Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    |> wrote:

    |>> Behavior, shoes, nose, makeup, it's a package deal.

    |>No pretender, you!
    |>
    |>When I first got into TV production, back in the 1970s, I was working
    |>at a local TV station, and sometimes I had to shoot the "Bozo The
    |>Clown" kiddie show. Everyone hated doing it. Everyone hated the local
    |>Bozo The Clown.[1]

    I was on the a Bozo show once, I'd forgotten all about it until you
    mention'd it.

    |>[1]The original Bozo set up a franchise operation for the character.

    I like'd the Bozo show cause they play'd Popeye cartoons :)
  10. wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >|> wrote: |>> Blinky the Shark
    >quite a |>>|>>|>century. |>>|>>|> |>>|>>|>Are you a financial expert?
    >you actually have some of those huge |>>|>shoes? |> |>> Behavior,
    >shoes, nose, makeup, it's a package deal.

    >|>No pretender, you! |> |>When I first got into TV production, back in
    >the 1970s, I was working |>at a local TV station, and sometimes I had
    >to shoot the "Bozo The |>Clown" kiddie show. Everyone hated doing it.
    >Everyone hated the local |>Bozo The Clown.[1]

    > I was on the a Bozo show once, I'd forgotten all about it until you
    > mention'd it.

    Better to be on it as a kid (I assume you were a kid <g>) than to have
    to do it as a grownup. :) Each kid got a paper "Bozo Bag" with crap in
    it like a few kinds of candy, maybe a paper Burger King crown, some
    gum...stuff that Bozo got free for promotion. On Sunday night's shift,
    between doing the six and eleven o'clock news shows, we had to set out
    about forty of those, and put the crap in them for the brats. As the
    old joke goes, "What? And get outta show business?!" :)

    >|>[1]The original Bozo set up a franchise operation for the character.

    > I like'd the Bozo show cause they play'd Popeye cartoons :)

    :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 24, 2005
  11. John Breckinridge

    FML Guest

    wrote:
    > John Breckinridge <> wrote:
    >
    > |>Thank you madam. You're the wisest person I've seen online in quite a
    > |>century.
    > |>
    > |>Are you a financial expert?
    >
    > Na, just some clown.

    Not just some clown, you were "It"!