    Is there an option upon install to "just update the expiration date" of the existing software ?

    I'm not local to PC to "try to install it and see what happens" - she's called me for advice and since I don't have SW , I couldn;t
    answer her. I did try the symantec website/newsgroup but no info about the licensing/interaction of the 2 apps.
    - Bobb -, Dec 4, 2005

  2. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    PS :
    She does know that she can renew online, but this way she has a CD in case she needs it.

    Bobb

    "- Bobb -" <> wrote in message news:...
    > I know this is a hardware forum, but I'm just checking to see if anyone is familiar with installing NAV on a Pc with

    Systemworks(SW)

    - Bobb -, Dec 4, 2005

  3. - Bobb -

    tehball Guest

    Norton antivirus and SW are two different programs. You can uninstall
    Antivurus and not affect SW.

    Two ways to go. Try start\programs\nortonantivirus\uninstall. If the
    uninstall option is not there then go to Add\Remove programs and remove
    it from there. Install new copy from CD.

    I am not sure about the SW expiring as I do not use it.
    tehball, Dec 4, 2005
  4. - Bobb -

    bmoag Guest

    Be aware that if Norton anti-virus does not uninstall correctly it will
    completely trash the computer registry, because of the way NAV "security" is
    interwoven through the registry, rendering the computer unbootable. This is
    a non-resolvable condition that will require a new Windows installation.
    Therefore before uninstalling any version of Norton antivirus make
    absolutely sure your files are backed-up.
    bmoag, Dec 4, 2005
  5. - Bobb -

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "bmoag" <> wrote in message
    > Be aware that if Norton anti-virus does not uninstall correctly it will
    > completely trash the computer registry, because of the way NAV "security"
    > is interwoven through the registry, rendering the computer unbootable.
    > This is a non-resolvable condition that will require a new Windows
    > installation. Therefore before uninstalling any version of Norton
    > antivirus make absolutely sure your files are backed-up.

    Ain't that the truth! In fact, it might be more advisable to do the
    uninstall in Safe mode as one of their reps once recommended to me.
    However, I believe this applied to the SW 2003.

    Mark Mandell, Dec 4, 2005
  6. - Bobb -

    Sjouke Burry Guest

    tehball wrote:
    > Norton antivirus and SW are two different programs. You can uninstall
    > Antivurus and not affect SW.
    >
    > Two ways to go. Try start\programs\nortonantivirus\uninstall. If the
    > uninstall option is not there then go to Add\Remove programs and remove
    > it from there. Install new copy from CD.
    >
    > I am not sure about the SW expiring as I do not use it.

    Norton has a remval tool on its site,in case you started wth the wrong
    piece to remove.
    If you start with the main Norton application,it should disappear all,
    else try the site tool.
    Sjouke Burry, Dec 4, 2005