    Outlook Express
    Thanks.
    ron
    Ronald Murray, Mar 3, 2004

  2. Ronald Murray

    Thor Guest

    The email scan is redundant. The only advantage it brings is allowing you to
    be notified of a virus infected email immediately upon download, as opposed
    to waiting for the auto-protect component to detect and stop an infected
    attachment from being opened by the user. It's not "if" it will detect and
    stop the virus, but rather "when" it is detected and stopped. You can do
    without the email scan and still be covered. BTW, I am really beginning to
    dislike Norton 2004. I've seen a lot of trouble with it failing to install
    for customers lately.

    "Ronald Murray" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > I installed the new anti virus software (NSW 2004) after getting rid of
    > McAfee. There are still some traces of McAfee there somewhere.
    > My problem is I have to disable my email scanning feature to send &

    receive
    > email. A practice I'm not real happy with , considering this is why I

    bought
    > the software in the first place.
    > It's almost impossible to contact Symantec. I've been trying for 2 days.
    > I just bought this software yesterday. You would think there would be some
    > kind of support , at least for 30 days or whatever.
    > PS I also installed Norton Personal Firewall today. But was having the

    email

    Thor, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Ronald Murray

    mark mandel Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message
    > The email scan is redundant. The only advantage it brings is allowing you

    > be notified of a virus infected email immediately upon download, as

    opposed
    > to waiting for the auto-protect component to detect and stop an infected
    > attachment from being opened by the user. It's not "if" it will detect and
    > stop the virus, but rather "when" it is detected and stopped. You can do
    > without the email scan and still be covered. BTW, I am really beginning to
    > dislike Norton 2004. I've seen a lot of trouble with it failing to install
    > for customers lately.

    And I had the same damned problem with NSW 2003 until I finally got it
    working OK(so many installs, uninstalls, reinstalls). And no plans to
    "update" to 2004 either.

    Mark Mandell

    mark mandel, Mar 4, 2004
  4. Ronald Murray

    Plato Guest

    Ronald Murray wrote:

    > I installed the new anti virus software (NSW 2004) after getting rid of
    > McAfee. There are still some traces of McAfee there somewhere.
    > My problem is I have to disable my email scanning feature to send & receive
    > email. A practice I'm not real happy with , considering this is why I bought

    As thor said you dont need the email scan.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Mar 4, 2004
  5. I also had problems with NSW 2003 (and XP) at home. At work we had Norton
    antivirus for a couple of years, but since two weeks we use another
    AVprogram: Norman. We stopped using Norton, because it interfered to often
    with other progams. I don't know anything about Norman. Never heard of it,
    before our networkman came into my office to install it (and uninstall
    Norton of course)

    --
    Jan
    http://home.wanadoo.nl/jhm.vangastel/Astronomy/