    about "an intrusion has been blocked" I dont seem to get this with FF,
    does this mean Norton is not protecting me?

    Thanks Adam

    Adam S, May 5, 2005

  2. Adam S

    Big Will Guest

    Adam S wrote:
    > I use Norton Internet Security 2005, When in IE norton is intergrated
    > into IE,
    >
    > My question:
    >
    > Does Norton work the same with Fire Fox with regards to intergrating
    > with the browser. When in IE I used to get little messages in the corner
    > about "an intrusion has been blocked" I dont seem to get this with FF,
    > does this mean Norton is not protecting me?
    >
    > Thanks Adam

    Is Norton's addblock feature working in FF? If not, then no, it's not
    working. If it is, then all the better. However, IMO, FF will provide
    you with much better web-browsing protection then Norton trying to plug
    the security holes in IE.

    Regards

    Will

    Big Will, May 5, 2005

  3. Adam S

    Adam S Guest

    Big Will wrote:
    > Adam S wrote:
    >
    >> I use Norton Internet Security 2005, When in IE norton is intergrated
    >> into IE,
    >>
    >> My question:
    >>
    >> Does Norton work the same with Fire Fox with regards to intergrating
    >> with the browser. When in IE I used to get little messages in the
    >> corner about "an intrusion has been blocked" I dont seem to get this
    >> with FF, does this mean Norton is not protecting me?
    >>
    >> Thanks Adam

    > Is Norton's addblock feature working in FF? If not, then no, it's not
    > working. If it is, then all the better. However, IMO, FF will provide
    > you with much better web-browsing protection then Norton trying to plug
    > the security holes in IE.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Will

    Cheers Will,

    Ads are blocked in FF, so does that mean I am ok? When abouts will the
    update for FF be availalbe?

    Adam S, May 5, 2005
  4. On 2005-05-05, Adam S <> wrote:

    > I use Norton Internet Security 2005, When in IE norton is intergrated
    > into IE,
    >
    > My question:
    >
    > Does Norton work the same with Fire Fox with regards to intergrating
    > with the browser. When in IE I used to get little messages in the corner
    > about "an intrusion has been blocked" I dont seem to get this with FF,
    > does this mean Norton is not protecting me?

    No, but FireFox is. FireFox does not allow the kind of exploits that
    plague IE, so there's not much for Norton to do even if it were working.

    --

    John ()

    John Thompson, May 6, 2005
  5. Adam S

    Big Will Guest

    Adam S wrote:
    > Big Will wrote:
    >
    >> Adam S wrote:
    >>
    >>> I use Norton Internet Security 2005, When in IE norton is intergrated
    >>> into IE,
    >>>
    >>> My question:
    >>>
    >>> Does Norton work the same with Fire Fox with regards to intergrating
    >>> with the browser. When in IE I used to get little messages in the
    >>> corner about "an intrusion has been blocked" I dont seem to get this
    >>> with FF, does this mean Norton is not protecting me?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks Adam

    >> Is Norton's addblock feature working in FF? If not, then no, it's not
    >> working. If it is, then all the better. However, IMO, FF will
    >> provide you with much better web-browsing protection then Norton
    >> trying to plug the security holes in IE.
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Will

    > Cheers Will,
    >
    > Ads are blocked in FF, so does that mean I am ok? When abouts will the
    > update for FF be availalbe?

    If it appears that at least the add-block part of the web content
    filtering works, than I'd hazard a guess to say that the rest of
    webcontent filtering works with FF. However, the reason why you
    wouldn't see so many alerts (if it were working) is because FF is just
    way more secure.

    Regards,

    Will

    Big Will, May 6, 2005