    It's been suggested elsewhere that I junk Norton and go with another
    firewall. At the moment, that's not an option, so I need a reasonable
    work-around for the short term. Thanks.

    1940lasalle, Mar 24, 2006

  2. 1940lasalle

    donnie Guest

    On 24 Mar 2006 06:19:30 -0800, "1940lasalle" <>
    wrote:

    >Here's one you may have seen before: from time to time, I get the
    >dreaded red "X" (or its equal with Opera or Mozilla) where an image
    >should be if Norton Personal Firewall is enabled; if I disable it, the
    >image is viewable. I know that a GENERAL site can be configured as a
    >trusted site, but what if a site has several levels/pages that are
    >accessed from the home page? How does one configure an entire site,
    >the various levels/threads (for a message board) included so that one
    >sees any image on any page?
    >
    >It's been suggested elsewhere that I junk Norton and go with another
    >firewall. At the moment, that's not an option, so I need a reasonable
    >work-around for the short term. Thanks.

    Do URL strings make a difference in trusted sites? In other words,
    let's say the URL is
    www.quetejodas.net and you want to allow
    www.quetejodas.net/chinga.html but you don't want to allow
    www.quetejodas.net/culear.html
    Can you enter those w/ the strings after the / and have it separate
    those pages within the site?

    But the first answer was correct. Junk Norton.

    donnie, Mar 24, 2006