    address 206.204.51.133. I Googled that address and found that it is
    traceable to security.symantic.com. Does this mean that Norton is attacking
    itself?

    Jim/Sue Muschany, Sep 12, 2005

  2. Jim/Sue Muschany

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Jim/Sue Muschany" <> wrote in
    news:h%jVe.234560$:

    > I am using Norton Internet Security. I just checked the statistics of
    > my personal firewall and found that my most frequent attacker has the
    > IP address 206.204.51.133. I Googled that address and found that it is
    > traceable to security.symantic.com. Does this mean that Norton is
    > attacking itself?

    http://www.arin.net/index.html

    You can enter the IP into the Whois box and press the Whois button.

    Norton attacking itself is good one. ;-)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Sep 12, 2005

  3. Jim/Sue Muschany

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:49:49 GMT, Duane Arnold wrote:

    >"Jim/Sue Muschany" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I am using Norton Internet Security. I just checked the statistics of
    >> my personal firewall and found that my most frequent attacker has the
    >> IP address 206.204.51.133. I Googled that address and found that it is
    >> traceable to security.symantic.com. Does this mean that Norton is
    >> attacking itself?
    >>

    >http://www.arin.net/index.html
    >
    >You can enter the IP into the Whois box and press the Whois button.
    >
    >Norton attacking itself is good one. ;-)

    It will be the popups for 'your dat files are out of date' and the
    messenger server 'upgrade as your pc is at risk'.

    >Duane :)

    Me

    why?, Sep 12, 2005
  4. Jim/Sue Muschany

    Duane Arnold Guest

    why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in

    > On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:49:49 GMT, Duane Arnold wrote:
    >
    >>"Jim/Sue Muschany" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> I am using Norton Internet Security. I just checked the statistics of
    >>> my personal firewall and found that my most frequent attacker has the
    >>> IP address 206.204.51.133. I Googled that address and found that it is
    >>> traceable to security.symantic.com. Does this mean that Norton is
    >>> attacking itself?
    >>>

    >>http://www.arin.net/index.html
    >>
    >>You can enter the IP into the Whois box and press the Whois button.
    >>
    >>Norton attacking itself is good one. ;-)

    > It will be the popups for 'your dat files are out of date' and the
    > messenger server 'upgrade as your pc is at risk'.
    >
    >>Duane :)

    > Me

    Maybe, those popups will pop in the logs. :)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Sep 12, 2005