    stopping me opening any web pages.

    Is there a setting I should be adjusting?

    TIA
    L.Hatherall, Sep 17, 2004

  2. L.Hatherall

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:15:49 +0000 (UTC), "L.Hatherall" <l.hatherall@"no
    spam"btinternet.com> wrote:

    >I've just installed NIS Professional2004 but the firewall part of it is
    >stopping me opening any web pages.
    >
    >Is there a setting I should be adjusting?

    http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nis/nis_2004_pro_tasks.html
    downloads
    * virus definitions
    ----> * product manuals
    ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/engli...et_security/manuals/nispro2004_user_guide.pdf
    * intrusion protection updates
    * web filtering updates

    If that doesn't work :) the manual is most likely on the CD if the
    built in help doesn't help.

    Me
    why?, Sep 17, 2004

  3. L.Hatherall

    stripe Guest

    If it's pictures, try disabling Privact Control.

    stripe, Sep 17, 2004
  4. "L.Hatherall" <l.hatherall@"no spam"btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > I've just installed NIS Professional2004 but the firewall part of it is
    > stopping me opening any web pages.
    >
    > Is there a setting I should be adjusting?
    >
    > TIA

    have you tried configuring the firewall? Double click on Norton Internet
    Security icon on the desktop > double click Personal Firewall > click
    programs and then click Program Scan at the bottom right. This should do
    the trick (hopefully)

    Brian G
    Devil's Advocate, Sep 17, 2004