Norton Internet Security

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gavin, Sep 10, 2003.

  1. Gavin

    Gavin Guest

    Hi i have a problem whereby Internet Explorer stops working (IE comes to a
    halt), however whenever i disable Norton Internet Security and Norton Anti
    Virus, and refresh the page, everything starts up again.

    Is this a common problem? I have had a look on the Symantec website but cant
    see anything.

    Specs are:

    Intel P4 Laptop 3.06Ghz
    ATI Radeon Mobiltity Graphics
    Windows XP Professional
    Norton Internet Security 2003

    Many thanks in advance for your help.

    Gavin.

    ***Remove "NOSPAMREMOVETOREPLY!" to reply***
    Gavin, Sep 10, 2003

  2. Gavin

    Miggsee Guest

    Dump everthing named Norton! :)

    eTrust antivirus
    www.my-eTrust.com $25 dollars
    www.grisoft.com Free antivirus

    ZoneAlarm firewall
    www.zonealarm.com Free

    Miggsee, Sep 10, 2003

  3. Gavin

    Kim Guest

    Turn off the fire wall in norton security

    Kim, Sep 10, 2003
  4. Gavin

    Plato Guest

    Gavin wrote:

    > Hi i have a problem whereby Internet Explorer stops working (IE comes to a
    > halt), however whenever i disable Norton Internet Security and Norton Anti
    > Virus, and refresh the page, everything starts up again.
    >
    > Is this a common problem? I have had a look on the Symantec website but cant
    > see anything.

    I just got this dog from the pound and it keeps biting me. When I put
    him in the shed I dont get bit. What should I do?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Sep 11, 2003
  5. Gavin