Norton Internet Security 2004

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by SeventhStranger, Jun 18, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I've just installed Norton Internet Security 2004 onto my Win XP Home PC.

    I am having problems with the firewall aspect. If firewall is enabled I
    cannot connect to the internet or send/receive emails in OE - I have a
    broadband connection.

    I can disable the firewall and get onto the internet and email perfectly OK
    but obviously this isn't ideal.

    I have made sure that none of my settings in firewall are set too high and
    can see no obvious reason for this problem.

    Can anyone help?

    Many thanks.

    --
    Jayne

    Her - "Where's the cat?"
    Him - "What cat?"
    Her - "The one that s**t in my mouth while I was asleep."

    SeventhStranger, Jun 18, 2004

  2. SeventhStranger

    D Guest

    Under NIS Firewall/Configure/Programs
    Both OE and IE should be shown as automatic or permitted

    D, Jun 19, 2004