Norton Internet Security 2004

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by SeventhStranger, Jun 18, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I've just installed Norton Internet Security 2004 onto my Win XP Home PC.

    I am having problems with the firewall aspect. If firewall is enabled I
    cannot connect to the internet or send/receive emails in OE - I have a
    broadband connection.

    I can disable the firewall and get onto the internet and email perfectly OK
    but obviously this isn't ideal.

    I have made sure that none of my settings in firewall are set too high and
    can see no obvious reason for this problem.

    Can anyone help?

    Many thanks.

    --
    Jayne

    Her - "Where's the cat?"
    Him - "What cat?"
    Her - "The one that s**t in my mouth while I was asleep."

    SeventhStranger, Jun 18, 2004

  2. SeventhStranger

    D Guest

    If you used the default install NIS should have configured itself for yr
    connections and apps, either something went wrong with the install or you
    chose to configure it yourself.
    Its a configuration issue, Open NIS, select Firewall/Configure, ensure turn
    on auto control is ticked

    D, Jun 18, 2004

  3. SeventhStranger

    Jayne Guest