    After it was all over... it had wiped out my D drive partition.. turning
    the cd drive into a 60 gig drive again.
    I`m sure (!!) I have lost my D drive .. or have I ?
    tomm, Sep 27, 2003

  2. tomm

    Alan Guest

    if you've ended up with a one partition, 60gb drive, then yes u have
    removed all data. i dont know much about norton ghost tho.

    but when u used the recovery cd's, there is a point where u are asked if u
    want to restore the partitions, or keep the partitions as they are now (and
    if the computer had a single partition initially then the recovery cd's
    would restore it to this point) unless u choose otherwise

    alan

    Alan, Sep 27, 2003

  3. tomm

    Billh Guest

    Having done a similar thing I would say you have killed your d drive. While
    I just gave up as the data over written was of no great value to me you on
    the other hand might want to look at data recovery software or services.
    These are not cheap or for amateurs. The best advice I can give you it you
    go that route is to not use that hard drive as every second it is in use
    your chances of recovery diminish.

    While my first go around with Ghost was not great I have since used it
    hundreds of time but I am VERY careful now.

    Billh, Sep 27, 2003
  4. You chose disk to image when you created the cds, choose partition to image
    next time...

    NewKillerStar, Sep 27, 2003