Norton Ghost help

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ǵrleý ßûr¢h, Jul 26, 2003.

  1. I have 2002 and need/want to clone drives through my network. I've only been
    able to create 2 successful tcp/ip network disks and the cloning worked
    beautifully between the two machines but I have more.

    I'm having a divide overflow with the start-up disk for my 3com 509b NIC and
    then a subsequent boot hang. I'm also getting an "unable to bind" error with
    my Netgear FA310TX NIC cards. This of course results in no TCP/IP function
    in the Ghost GUI.

    I have no reason to think the boot disks were created improperly -- I've
    done it repeatedly -- they just won't work.

    With the FA310TX, a null character appears on the boot screen so it's
    apparent the driver installation is fudged in memory. The divide overflow is
    an indication of the same with the 509b but there are no newer drivers for
    these cards and Norton's Ghost lan management appears to not handle them
    properly.

    I've scoured Norton's online support and can find no help there with the
    Ghost networking problems. I'm hoping on the off chance that someone here
    could lend experience, help or discussion on this topic.

    Thanks

    ǵrleý ßûr¢h, Jul 26, 2003

  2. ǵrleý ßûr¢h

    Phil Guest

    "ǵrleý ßûr¢h" <> wrote in

    > I have 2002 and need/want to clone drives through my network. I've
    > only been able to create 2 successful tcp/ip network disks and the
    > cloning worked beautifully between the two machines but I have more.
    >
    > I'm having a divide overflow with the start-up disk for my 3com 509b
    > NIC and then a subsequent boot hang. I'm also getting an "unable to
    > bind" error with my Netgear FA310TX NIC cards. This of course results
    > in no TCP/IP function in the Ghost GUI.
    >
    > I have no reason to think the boot disks were created improperly --
    > I've done it repeatedly -- they just won't work.
    >
    > With the FA310TX, a null character appears on the boot screen so it's
    > apparent the driver installation is fudged in memory. The divide
    > overflow is an indication of the same with the 509b but there are no
    > newer drivers for these cards and Norton's Ghost lan management
    > appears to not handle them properly.
    >
    > I've scoured Norton's online support and can find no help there with
    > the Ghost networking problems. I'm hoping on the off chance that
    > someone here could lend experience, help or discussion on this topic.
    >
    > Thanks

    I've had pretty much the same problem as you describe. I know his isn't a
    solution, but I replaced the cards that I can't get to work with Ghost.
    Have you tried the Ghost Boot disk creation utility?

    --
    Phil M.
    MCSE NT/2000

    Phil, Jul 26, 2003

  3. Phil wrote:
    > "ǵrleý ßûr¢h" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I have 2002 and need/want to clone drives through my network. I've
    >> only been able to create 2 successful tcp/ip network disks and the
    >> cloning worked beautifully between the two machines but I have more.
    >>
    >> I'm having a divide overflow with the start-up disk for my 3com 509b
    >> NIC and then a subsequent boot hang. I'm also getting an "unable to
    >> bind" error with my Netgear FA310TX NIC cards. This of course
    >> results in no TCP/IP function in the Ghost GUI.
    >>
    >> I have no reason to think the boot disks were created improperly --
    >> I've done it repeatedly -- they just won't work.
    >>
    >> With the FA310TX, a null character appears on the boot screen so it's
    >> apparent the driver installation is fudged in memory. The divide
    >> overflow is an indication of the same with the 509b but there are no
    >> newer drivers for these cards and Norton's Ghost lan management
    >> appears to not handle them properly.
    >>
    >> I've scoured Norton's online support and can find no help there with
    >> the Ghost networking problems. I'm hoping on the off chance that
    >> someone here could lend experience, help or discussion on this topic.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > I've had pretty much the same problem as you describe. I know his
    > isn't a solution, but I replaced the cards that I can't get to work
    > with Ghost. Have you tried the Ghost Boot disk creation utility?

    Thanks for your reply and yes, I used the Peer to Peer wizard to create the
    boot disks.

    I've considered replacing the offending cards as well. I'm not so positive I
    can find more of the NICs that I know to work. One that I have here is the
    D-Link DE-528CT and the other is an Encore ENL832-TX. My Netgear (FA310-TX),
    MaxTech NX-32PCI/A) and 3Com (509b) are failures.

    Could you tell me which NICs you have found to be compatible with Ghost
    2002?

    Thanks again

    ǵrleý ßûr¢h, Jul 26, 2003
  4. ǵrleý ßûr¢h

    Phil Guest

    "ǵrleý ßûr¢h" <> wrote in

    > Phil wrote:
    >> "ǵrleý ßûr¢h" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> I have 2002 and need/want to clone drives through my network. I've
    >>> only been able to create 2 successful tcp/ip network disks and the
    >>> cloning worked beautifully between the two machines but I have more.
    >>>
    >>> I'm having a divide overflow with the start-up disk for my 3com 509b
    >>> NIC and then a subsequent boot hang. I'm also getting an "unable to
    >>> bind" error with my Netgear FA310TX NIC cards. This of course
    >>> results in no TCP/IP function in the Ghost GUI.
    >>>
    >>> I have no reason to think the boot disks were created improperly --
    >>> I've done it repeatedly -- they just won't work.
    >>>
    >>> With the FA310TX, a null character appears on the boot screen so
    >>> it's apparent the driver installation is fudged in memory. The
    >>> divide overflow is an indication of the same with the 509b but there
    >>> are no newer drivers for these cards and Norton's Ghost lan
    >>> management appears to not handle them properly.
    >>>
    >>> I've scoured Norton's online support and can find no help there with
    >>> the Ghost networking problems. I'm hoping on the off chance that
    >>> someone here could lend experience, help or discussion on this
    >>> topic.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> I've had pretty much the same problem as you describe. I know his
    >> isn't a solution, but I replaced the cards that I can't get to work
    >> with Ghost. Have you tried the Ghost Boot disk creation utility?

    > Thanks for your reply and yes, I used the Peer to Peer wizard to
    > create the boot disks.
    >
    > I've considered replacing the offending cards as well. I'm not so
    > positive I can find more of the NICs that I know to work. One that I
    > have here is the D-Link DE-528CT and the other is an Encore ENL832-TX.
    > My Netgear (FA310-TX), MaxTech NX-32PCI/A) and 3Com (509b) are
    > failures.
    >
    > Could you tell me which NICs you have found to be compatible with
    > Ghost 2002?

    I've been using Intel Pro100 with good success.

    Phil, Jul 26, 2003
  5. ǵrleý ßûr¢h

    Curley Burch Guest

    Phil wrote:
    > "ǵrleý ßûr¢h" <> wrote in
    >

    >> Could you tell me which NICs you have found to be compatible with
    >> Ghost 2002?

    > I've been using Intel Pro100 with good success.

    Okay, thanks!

    Can you tell me if this is the NIC you're having good luck with:

    Intel EtherExpress Pro/100 ISA NIC
    Part - NET-CINPRO100ISA-A

    If not, can you be more specific? Thanks again.

    --
    =====================================
    Using Outlook Express? Fix and enhance the

    Curley Burch, Jul 26, 2003
  6. ǵrleý ßûr¢h

    Curley Burch Guest

    Curley Burch, Jul 26, 2003
  7. ǵrleý ßûr¢h

    Curley Burch Guest

    Phil wrote:
    > "ǵrleý ßûr¢h" <> wrote in
    >

    >> Could you tell me which NICs you have found to be compatible with
    >> Ghost 2002?

    > I've been using Intel Pro100 with good success.

    Oh wait. Is it PCI or ISA. I've located a PCI version:

    Part - NET-CINPRO100PCI-A

    Does that look right?

    Regards

    Curley Burch, Jul 26, 2003
  8. ǵrleý ßûr¢h

    Phil Guest

    "Curley Burch" <> wrote in news:LpxUa.557
    $:

    > Phil wrote:
    >> "ǵrleý ßûr¢h" <> wrote in
    >>

    >>> Could you tell me which NICs you have found to be compatible with
    >>> Ghost 2002?

    >> I've been using Intel Pro100 with good success.

    > Okay, thanks!
    >
    > Can you tell me if this is the NIC you're having good luck with:
    >
    > Intel EtherExpress Pro/100 ISA NIC
    > Part - NET-CINPRO100ISA-A
    >
    > If not, can you be more specific? Thanks again.

    I gave had good luck with 3COM 3C90x NDIS, and Accton EN1270d (or HP).
    Now that I think about it, I'm not sure of the Intel card. It may
    actually be a different boot disk that works with that one.

    --
    Phil M.
    MCSE NT/2000

    Phil, Jul 26, 2003