Norton Ghost Error ed800018

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by luigi.corrias@gmail.com, Oct 27, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Hello yahoo staff,

    i am really in trouble...

    I have 2 hard disk:

    1. The first (O.S Windows xp SP3) is where i usually work (now
    formattatted...)
    2. The second where i have a backup made with Norton Ghost 12 where i
    hope stay all my lost data...

    The first HD, for a terrible crash, now is all deleted, and
    reformatted with fresh installation of windows xp

    When i try to install my backup CORRIAS_C_Drive001.v2i i have the
    follow error:

    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3010/2970...

    I have search with an utility (file scavenger) in Hard disk 2 looking
    for any kind of missed file...
    I have found nothing..
    I have found an hidden folder VProRecovery with
    VProRecoveryStorage.ini files containing phisical path at my .v2i
    file..
    I have recreated it with all correct permission..
    Nothing
    I have try to open files with Norton ghost 10, 12, 14 from cd boot and
    inside windows from several machine
    Nothing
    I have googled and found nothing (only an answer in Expert exchange,
    look like some one have my same problem but the answer is useless)
    THe HD look OK..
    The file v2i look ok(i hope)
    Is very important for me...
    8 years od data..
    What can i do to recover my data from v2i file???
    Someone can help me?
    THanks

    , Oct 27, 2008

  2. Billh Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hello yahoo staff,
    >
    > i am really in trouble...
    >
    > I have 2 hard disk:
    >
    > 1. The first (O.S Windows xp SP3) is where i usually work (now
    > formattatted...)
    > 2. The second where i have a backup made with Norton Ghost 12 where i
    > hope stay all my lost data...
    >
    > The first HD, for a terrible crash, now is all deleted, and
    > reformatted with fresh installation of windows xp
    >
    > When i try to install my backup CORRIAS_C_Drive001.v2i i have the
    > follow error:
    >
    > http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3010/2970...
    >
    > I have search with an utility (file scavenger) in Hard disk 2 looking
    > for any kind of missed file...
    > I have found nothing..
    > I have found an hidden folder VProRecovery with
    > VProRecoveryStorage.ini files containing phisical path at my .v2i
    > file..
    > I have recreated it with all correct permission..
    > Nothing
    > I have try to open files with Norton ghost 10, 12, 14 from cd boot and
    > inside windows from several machine
    > Nothing
    > I have googled and found nothing (only an answer in Expert exchange,
    > look like some one have my same problem but the answer is useless)
    > THe HD look OK..
    > The file v2i look ok(i hope)
    > Is very important for me...
    > 8 years od data..
    > What can i do to recover my data from v2i file???
    > Someone can help me?
    > THanks

    Your error message is a 404 page so I did not see what your error is but I
    am wondering if you made a ghost image of your whole hard drive why didn't
    you use ghost to restore the drive. You say you are trying to install your
    backup. Not sure what you mean by install you install programs not backups.
    Anyway if you have a Ghost image you can install the Ghost program on your
    fresh install of XP and use the Ghost Explorer to browse the image you made
    and extract the files you need.

    Billh, Oct 28, 2008

  3. Desk Rabbit Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello yahoo staff,

    This aint Yahoo. This is an internation usenet group.

    > i am really in trouble...
    >
    > I have 2 hard disk:
    >
    > 1. The first (O.S Windows xp SP3) is where i usually work (now
    > formattatted...)
    > 2. The second where i have a backup made with Norton Ghost 12 where i
    > hope stay all my lost data...
    >
    > The first HD, for a terrible crash, now is all deleted, and
    > reformatted with fresh installation of windows xp
    >
    > When i try to install my backup CORRIAS_C_Drive001.v2i i have the
    > follow error:
    >
    > http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3010/2970...

    STOP BEFORE YOU DO MORE DAMAGE! Send your disk off to a professional
    data recovery firm. It might be expensive now as you have made the task
    harder by buggering about with the disks.

    Life lesson #23: Backups are only any good if you test that they are
    actually working occasionally.

    Desk Rabbit, Oct 28, 2008
  4. Guest

    Thanks you are the first answer me...

    but when i use the tools in norton ghost 10,12, 14 and nothing work...

    Look like this file not exist...

    BUT EXIST GOD DAMNIT

    , Oct 28, 2008