  1. Has anybody here used Norton Ghost with x64. Had any luck. Isit compatible.
    Questioning a utility not described as x64 supported on Symantec's site.

    Thank-you

    =?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=, Sep 8, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa, Sep 8, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Not compatible, period. Cannot even use the CD as it is restore only.

    John Barnes, Sep 8, 2005
  4. Has anyone actually used the Acronis 8.0....like to know before I buy
    ........anyone want a Norton Ghost coaster?

    =?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=, Sep 8, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=

    Piers James Guest

    best to stick with the DOS-based version of Ghost, ie 2003. Runs off a
    floppy disk or any other removeable media that you can boot from, and always
    works, unlike the windows version (9 I think) !!!!

    Piers James, Sep 8, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Agreed, or the Drive Image versions (prior to sale to Norton).

    John Barnes, Sep 8, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=

    zekolas Guest

    Zofo61 wrote:
    > Has anybody here used Norton Ghost with x64. Had any luck. Isit compatible.
    > Questioning a utility not described as x64 supported on Symantec's site.
    >
    > Thank-you

    I do know part-image works very well, however it is a linux program, it
    comes with knoppix and is 100% free. It has some limitations however, it
    can save and restore NTFS partitions, however it cannot save the image
    to and NTFS drive(unless its a network share).

    zekolas, Sep 8, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Q3liZXIgU3VyZmVy?=, Sep 8, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=

    John Barnes Guest

    As Charlie has pointed out, the site is only as accurate as the people who
    post to it. A number of people on this site have tried to install Ghost 9
    and it didn't install.
    BAYOR

    John Barnes, Sep 8, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=

    Piers James Guest

    I can't imagine that it does work properly. Ghost 9.0 hooks into windows at
    a very low level in order to perform the backups in the windows environment,
    therefore I doubt that anything other than a native x64 version would
    install let alone work properly!!

    Piers James, Sep 8, 2005
  11. Hello,
    I also used to make weekly backups with Norton Ghost V9.0. (with XP Pro x32)
    and also read on the site linked below that Ghost V9.0 works in XP64. In my
    experience, it will install but will not make any backup images. It will
    install but not "run". I have since switched to "Image for Windows" by
    terrabyteunlimited and have been very pleased and impressed with their
    imaging and partitioning software. If you are interested in looking at it:
    http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/imagew.html

    --
    regards,
    renoch

    =?Utf-8?B?cmVub2No?=, Sep 9, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks. I stand corrected. I do remember that it finished the install
    routine but didn't function and the CD does restores only. No backup.
    Fortunately I have Drive Image 2003 and it makes the backups from the CD,
    and I am dual booting so I do all my backups from x86 at this time.

    John Barnes, Sep 9, 2005
  13. Hello,

    > Has anyone actually used the Acronis 8.0....like to know before I buy
    > .......anyone want a Norton Ghost coaster?
    >
    > "Andre Da Costa" wrote:
    >
    >> No, its not compatible, try an alternative such as Acronis.
    >> --

    I'm using Acronis TrueImage and DiscDirector, and they work in the sense
    that you can create an image and restore an image. However the Acronis DiscDirector
    OS Selector does not recognize a 64 bit OS, but that's no big deal for me.
    Oh and also, I have noot tried to install them on my 64 bits OS:es. I always
    run them from their respective boot disc. But as I said, they work well.

    Niel

    Niels Berglund, Sep 9, 2005