    Please use the UDE file system to write such large files" Can anyone help me
    on this?

    Thanks Richard
    Richard Miller, Aug 17, 2006

  2. Richard Miller

    doS Guest

    you need ghost to burn to the dvd directly, otherwise when you restore you
    will get an error"disk was not created with Ghost"

    doS, Aug 17, 2006

  3. Howdy!

    "Richard Miller" <> wrote in message
    > I've used Norton's Ghost to image my C drive which has a 4 gig image and
    > then a couple of smaller ones. If I try to burn the 4 gig image on my DVD
    > dual emprex burner I get the message which says " The file "C_drive .v2i"

    is
    > larger than 2 GB and therefore cannot be stored in an ISO file system.
    > Please use the UDE file system to write such large files" Can anyone help

    me
    > on this?

    You have two choices.

    1) Use a 2G limit on the GHOST file (me? I'd use 625M for a DVD
    burn, so that I can also burn to CDs if necessary).

    2) Tell your burning software to make a UDF DVD, not an ISO DVD.

    #2 is rather obvious from the error message, I'd think.

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Aug 18, 2006