Norton Ghost 2003 "divide overflow" problem - PLEASE HELP !!!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by slishnevsky, Jan 6, 2009.

  1. slishnevsky

    slishnevsky Guest

    Hello, I've been using Norton Ghost 2003 to create images from
    partition for years now.

    My hard drive is divided into partition C:\ and partition D:\

    I use Norton Ghost 2003 boot floppy disk to create an image of C:\
    and save it on D:\

    I have SATA drive, so I use parameter -NOIDE to start ghost.exe in
    autoexec.bat.

    Everything worked perfectly, untill I added another IDE hard drive.

    Now I have 160GB SATA and 80GB IDE.

    I wanted to restore partition C:\ as usual, but when the floppy
    booted, I got a Norton Ghost 2003 blue window and DOS prompt on top of
    it with the message "divide overflow" (it threw me out to DOS).

    Please Help, I really need to restore my partition, I don't know what
    to do.
    slishnevsky, Jan 6, 2009

  2. slishnevsky

    judith Guest

    On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 07:35:36 -0800 (PST), slishnevsky
    <> wrote:

    >Hello, I've been using Norton Ghost 2003 to create images from
    >partition for years now.
    >
    >My hard drive is divided into partition C:\ and partition D:\
    >
    >I use Norton Ghost 2003 boot floppy disk to create an image of C:\
    >and save it on D:\
    >
    >I have SATA drive, so I use parameter -NOIDE to start ghost.exe in
    >autoexec.bat.
    >
    >Everything worked perfectly, untill I added another IDE hard drive.
    >
    >Now I have 160GB SATA and 80GB IDE.
    >
    >I wanted to restore partition C:\ as usual, but when the floppy
    >booted, I got a Norton Ghost 2003 blue window and DOS prompt on top of
    >it with the message "divide overflow" (it threw me out to DOS).
    >

    >Please Help, I really need to restore my partition, I don't know what
    >to do.

    Do you have to force it to see both SATA and IDE drives?

    I see that:

    * If you have an IDE and an SATA drive, or only IDE drives:
    -FNI Forces Ghost to use the BIOS to gain access to the IDE drive.

    ie use -FNI rather than -NOIDE
    judith, Jan 6, 2009

  3. slishnevsky

    slishnevsky Guest

    On Jan 6, 2:59 pm, judith <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 07:35:36 -0800 (PST), slishnevsky
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > >Hello, I've been using Norton Ghost 2003 to create images from
    > >partition for years now.

    > >My hard drive is divided into partition C:\ and partition D:\

    > >I use  Norton Ghost 2003 boot floppy disk to create an image of C:\
    > >and save it on D:\

    > >I have SATA drive, so I use parameter -NOIDE to start ghost.exe in
    > >autoexec.bat.

    > >Everything worked perfectly, untill I added another IDE hard drive.

    > >Now I have 160GB SATA and 80GB IDE.

    > >I wanted to restore partition C:\ as usual, but when the floppy
    > >booted, I got a Norton Ghost 2003 blue window and DOS prompt on top of
    > >it with the message "divide overflow" (it threw me out to DOS).

    > >Please Help, I really need to restore my partition, I don't know what
    > >to do.

    > Do you have to force it to see both SATA and IDE drives?
    >
    > I see that:
    >
    >  * If you have an IDE and an SATA drive, or only IDE drives:
    > -FNI Forces Ghost to use the BIOS to gain access to the IDE drive.
    >
    > ie use -FNI rather than -NOIDE

    I tried to use -FNI. Same problem. Doesn't work.
    slishnevsky, Jan 6, 2009