    Where does one locate the "What to scan heading" so that one can 'turn
    off' "Scan outgoing Email"?
    Thanks, William Parrish
    wparrish, May 23, 2006

  2. wparrish

    Noel Paton Guest

    "wparrish" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In the "Symantec Help Center" it is stated:
    >
    > The options included under the What to scan heading are as follows:
    > Scan incoming Email Automatically scans email messages that you
    > receive for threats.
    > Scan incoming Email Automatically scans email messages that you
    > send for threats.
    >
    > My question is:
    > Where does one locate the "What to scan heading" so that one can 'turn
    > off' "Scan outgoing Email"?
    > Thanks, William Parrish

    ...under Add/Remove Programs - 'Remove Norton crap'

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    Noel Paton, May 23, 2006

  3. "Noel Paton" <> wrote in message

    > "wparrish" <> wrote in message
    >> In the "Symantec Help Center" it is stated:
    >>
    >> The options included under the What to scan heading are as follows:
    >> Scan incoming Email Automatically scans email messages that you
    >> receive for threats.
    >> Scan incoming Email Automatically scans email messages that you
    >> send for threats.
    >>
    >> My question is:
    >> Where does one locate the "What to scan heading" so that one can 'turn
    >> off' "Scan outgoing Email"?
    >> Thanks, William Parrish
    >>

    > ..under Add/Remove Programs - 'Remove Norton crap'

    That is one truly useless answer, is that the best you can come up with -
    Uninstall Norton? You dickhead.

    Phobia Compulsive, May 23, 2006
  4. Phobia Compulsive wrote:

    > "Noel Paton" <> wrote
    >> ..under Add/Remove Programs - 'Remove Norton crap'
    >>

    > That is one truly useless answer, is that the best you can come up
    > with - Uninstall Norton? You dickhead.

    Yes, useless. Noel forgot the rest of the answer... :)

    <http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?Open&src=&docid=2001092114452606&nsf=nav.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=>

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 23, 2006
  5. wparrish

    Ruada Guest

    > Phobia Compulsive wrote:
    >
    > > "Noel Paton" <> wrote
    > >> ..under Add/Remove Programs - 'Remove Norton crap'
    > >>

    > > That is one truly useless answer, is that the best you can come up
    > > with - Uninstall Norton? You dickhead.

    > Yes, useless. Noel forgot the rest of the answer... :)

    <http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?O
    pen&src=&docid=2001092114452606&nsf=nav.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv
    =>

    So glad I am not the only one who got this impression.
    Ruada, May 23, 2006