    guess you can't expect something for nothing but I do believe that
    people should live up to their verbal promises. If they don't intend
    to give both rebates then they should not offer them. Buyer beware!!!

    Goodnight, Sep 10, 2004

  2. Goodnight

    Buffalo Guest

    "Goodnight" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I purchased Norton Internet Security 2004. The sales price was

    $50.00.
    > They offered 2 rebates, one for $20.00 & the second for $30 which
    > makes the software free. I was very careful to follow the directions
    > to the letter of the law for both rebates. They are giving me the

    $20
    > rebate but denying the $30 rebate. Their reason, did not provide

    proof
    > of a previous version of their product. This is a total lie!!! I

    gave
    > them a screen-saver print out of my previously installed version,

    just
    > as the instructions indicated. The previous version was also
    > registered so they should have been able to verify my previous
    > ownership rather than creating a poor vendor/customer relationship.

    > guess you can't expect something for nothing but I do believe that
    > people should live up to their verbal promises. If they don't intend
    > to give both rebates then they should not offer them. Buyer

    beware!!!

    Send them an email explaining what happened.
    Include the copy of the letter you received, if possible.

    Buffalo, Sep 10, 2004

  3. Goodnight

    Linda Guest

    "Goodnight" <> wrote in message
    >I purchased Norton Internet Security 2004. The sales price was $50.00.
    > They offered 2 rebates, one for $20.00 & the second for $30 which
    > makes the software free. I was very careful to follow the directions
    > to the letter of the law for both rebates. They are giving me the $20
    > rebate but denying the $30 rebate. Their reason, did not provide proof
    > of a previous version of their product. This is a total lie!!! I gave
    > them a screen-saver print out of my previously installed version, just
    > as the instructions indicated. The previous version was also
    > registered so they should have been able to verify my previous
    > ownership rather than creating a poor vendor/customer relationship. I
    > guess you can't expect something for nothing but I do believe that
    > people should live up to their verbal promises. If they don't intend
    > to give both rebates then they should not offer them. Buyer beware!!!

    Your proof of a previously installed version would be the purchase receipt
    for that copy.
    A screen saver print doesn't prove anything apart from you know someone who
    has that screensaver running or that you've found a site with that screen
    image on it.
    You have a valid point if your last version was fully registered, however
    most people just activate their software without registering. Which one did
    you do?

    Linda, Sep 10, 2004
  4. Goodnight

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Linda" <.@.> wrote in news::

    > Your proof of a previously installed version would be the purchase
    > receipt for that copy.

    Not according to the information in my copy of the rebate. The request the
    CD, front page of manual or a bunch of other stuff, not a store receipt.

    Jim Berwick, Sep 10, 2004
  5. Goodnight

    Sano Guest

    On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 18:08:38 +0000, Jim Berwick wrote:

    > "Linda" <.@.> wrote in news::
    >
    >> Your proof of a previously installed version would be the purchase
    >> receipt for that copy.

    > Not according to the information in my copy of the rebate. The request the
    > CD, front page of manual or a bunch of other stuff, not a store receipt.

    The OP said InternetSecurity. SystemWorks had the rebate you're referring
    to. Do they have the same requirement for rebate?

    --
    This post shouldn't be construed as suggesting I've installed any Norton
    s/w on my computer.

    Sano, Sep 10, 2004
  6. Goodnight

    Shel-hed Guest

    If they honored the rebates, you would still be about $100 behind i.m.o.

    On 10 Sep 2004 07:43:15 -0700, (Goodnight) wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    Shel-hed, Sep 10, 2004
  7. Goodnight

    Jim Berwick Guest

    Sano <> wrote in news::

    > The OP said InternetSecurity. SystemWorks had the rebate you're referring
    > to. Do they have the same requirement for rebate?

    Systemworks may have had it also, but I am 100% certain that NIS and NAV
    standalone had it, as I have personally gotten the free NAV and I was at
    the store with a college when they got NIS, though we don't really use
    either, it helps out as we do technical support.

    Jim Berwick, Sep 10, 2004
  8. Goodnight

    steve Guest

    I had the exact same problem and Fry's electronics let me down. They took
    all my paperwork and never got it resolved

    steve, Sep 11, 2004
  9. Goodnight

    Plato Guest

    Goodnight wrote:

    > ownership rather than creating a poor vendor/customer relationship. I
    > guess you can't expect something for nothing but I do believe that
    > people should live up to their verbal promises. If they don't intend
    > to give both rebates then they should not offer them. Buyer beware!!!

    Please state exacly why you believed Symantec was some sort of charity.

    Plato, Sep 11, 2004
  10. Goodnight

    Sano Guest

    On 10 Sep 2004 19:55:02 -0500, Plato wrote:

    > Goodnight wrote:
    >>
    >> ownership rather than creating a poor vendor/customer relationship. I
    >> guess you can't expect something for nothing but I do believe that
    >> people should live up to their verbal promises. If they don't intend
    >> to give both rebates then they should not offer them. Buyer beware!!!

    > Please state exacly why you believed Symantec was some sort of charity.

    Playdoh, put the bong down.

    Sano, Sep 11, 2004